Software crash browsing folders with images

Tags:
  • Crash
  • Software
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
September 16, 2011 2:17:54 PM

Hi
using various editing software (such as Picasa, Irfan View, PhotoShop, NVU Web Editor) when I browse folders with images (.jpg files) in order to open/save files, the "open/save windows" suddenly closes and the software crashes.
No similar errors occurs browsing the same folders within Windows or using the forementioned softwares with other types of files (docs, video, music).
PC: OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 with Service Pack 1; Intel i5 processor; RAM 6GB.
Thank You in advance

More about : software crash browsing folders images

a c 264 $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 2:58:37 PM

To confirm, this only happens with JPGs and with various applications?

Also, what is your default program for opening JPGs?
September 16, 2011 3:09:20 PM

Yes, this only happens with JPGs and with various applications.
The default program is Windows Picture and Fax Viewer
Related resources
a c 264 $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 3:16:22 PM

Have you tried to change the default application to one of the other programs to see if that changes the behavior?
a b $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 3:39:04 PM

I used to have this problem from time to time. In every case, it turned out to be a corrupt .jpg somewhere in the folder. Turning preview images off may help you find the culprit, because you'll be able to have the folder open long enough to find it.
a c 264 $ Windows 7
September 16, 2011 3:42:04 PM

Onus said:
I used to have this problem from time to time. In every case, it turned out to be a corrupt .jpg somewhere in the folder. Turning preview images off may help you find the culprit, because you'll be able to have the folder open long enough to find it.

+1, I too have seen this. Depending on the number of files, this may take a bit of work.
September 19, 2011 10:36:05 AM

Maybe I've found a solution: using a HP diagnostic software I discovered that the errors were generated by FotoTaggerToolbar.dll, so I uninstalled the Foto Tagger software (that was never running while these errors occurred !) and now everything seems to work correctly.
Thank you for your help.
a c 264 $ Windows 7
September 19, 2011 12:49:13 PM

Good job! Thanks for sharing your solution. It may help others. Have fun!!!
April 24, 2012 3:46:45 AM

cecchelli said:
Maybe I've found a solution: using a HP diagnostic software I discovered that the errors were generated by FotoTaggerToolbar.dll, so I uninstalled the Foto Tagger software (that was never running while these errors occurred !) and now everything seems to work correctly.
Thank you for your help.

Link to this software? I have a problem where a great number of programs from many publishers, x64 capable or not, will just crash if I browse certain file paths or folders or hdd's... no matter the program. The more freeware-ish it is, the more likely it will crash before I can get anywhere...

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Help? :) 
!