Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Overheating?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 5, 2010 9:28:14 PM

Is it dangerous to let my CPU run at 93 C when I am running heavyLoad? It's a 980X with a MSI big bang x-power mb. Seems to be stable but scared it will melt! Its running at 4 GHz.
Please give your advice.
:sweat: 

More about : overheating

September 5, 2010 11:52:31 PM

Well, that's pretty high temps... Are you getting any errors? I would recommend lowering your clocks (or getting better cooling), but odds are you putting that much load while normal computing is low. You have to be careful with a $1000 investment.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 6, 2010 12:45:23 AM

what cooling (or lack of) are you using at the moment.
m
0
l
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
September 6, 2010 3:04:21 PM

Try lowering some voltages on your oc this will help bring down temps.
m
0
l
September 6, 2010 6:25:22 PM

winner4455 said:
Well, that's pretty high temps... Are you getting any errors? I would recommend lowering your clocks (or getting better cooling), but odds are you putting that much load while normal computing is low. You have to be careful with a $1000 investment.




No I'm not getting any errors. The program I used to monitor my CPU temp is Open Hardware monitor, but I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the program. I afterwards downloaded Prime 95 and the highest temp I got was 74 C. Is it safe to run it in the seventies and what is a good reliable program to monitor your hardware, there is so much out there?

Thanks for your help!
m
0
l
September 6, 2010 6:40:54 PM

davcon said:
Try lowering some voltages on your oc this will help bring down temps.



There is so much voltages you can change, it is all on auto at the moment. There is a QPI voltage, CPU PLL voltage, what are they?

Thanks for your help!
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
September 6, 2010 11:56:23 PM

93 is really pushing it. Try lowering voltage or lowering the actual clock a little. Or maybe get a better cooling system. Perhaps water cooling or a really nice thermalpaste/hsf.
m
0
l
September 7, 2010 8:15:26 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
93 is really pushing it. Try lowering voltage or lowering the actual clock a little. Or maybe get a better cooling system. Perhaps water cooling or a really nice thermalpaste/hsf.



Thanks, will defnitly try a better thermalpaste.
m
0
l
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 8:52:14 PM

Quentin_24 said:
There is so much voltages you can change, it is all on auto at the moment. There is a QPI voltage, CPU PLL voltage, what are they?

Thanks for your help!

Well this guide is for 1156 you'll get the idea.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
m
0
l
!