sims-2 newsgroup question

Hi, I read somewhere that there was a newsgroup called alt.games.the-sims-2.
I talked our ISP into providing it but there are no posts there. Did I
specify the wrong group? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about sims newsgroup question

    Kinderheart wrote:
    > Hi, I read somewhere that there was a newsgroup called
    > alt.games.the-sims-2. I talked our ISP into providing it but there
    > are no posts there. Did I specify the wrong group?

    That is the right group, and it does get posts, but not nearly as many as
    this one. There are approx. 10-20 new threads here each day and so far,
    today I have downloaded 83 messages that have been posted today (84 inc.
    this) and 3 posted tomorrow (I think Strider's Clock's wrong). Whereas,
    news:alt.games.the-sims-2 gets 2 or three threads a day and 12 posts today.
    So you might as well stick here, as many people don't have access to it,
    AFAIK, you don't really miss much.

    On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:19:46 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
    <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

    >Kinderheart wrote:
    >> Hi, I read somewhere that there was a newsgroup called
    >> alt.games.the-sims-2. I talked our ISP into providing it but there
    >> are no posts there. Did I specify the wrong group?
    >
    >That is the right group, and it does get posts, but not nearly as many as
    >this one. There are approx. 10-20 new threads here each day and so far,
    >today I have downloaded 83 messages that have been posted today (84 inc.
    >this) and 3 posted tomorrow (I think Strider's Clock's wrong). Whereas,

    You're right, the clock was wrong. I changed motherboard and had to
    use an old image of windows to get it to work.

    Thank you, I appreciate your reply and will lurk at both newsgroups,
    especially this one. I love to read the news and updates posted and the
    funny stories. We Simmers have the most fun, he he. Thanks, again.

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Kinderheart wrote:
    > > Hi, I read somewhere that there was a newsgroup called
    > > alt.games.the-sims-2. I talked our ISP into providing it but there
    > > are no posts there. Did I specify the wrong group?
    >
    > That is the right group, and it does get posts, but not nearly as many as
    > this one. There are approx. 10-20 new threads here each day and so far,
    > today I have downloaded 83 messages that have been posted today (84 inc.
    > this) and 3 posted tomorrow (I think Strider's Clock's wrong). Whereas,
    > news:alt.games.the-sims-2 gets 2 or three threads a day and 12 posts
    today.
    > So you might as well stick here, as many people don't have access to it,
    > AFAIK, you don't really miss much.

Sims Internet Service Providers Newsgroup Games Video Games