Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE and XFX 275 graphics card conflict

Last response: in Motherboards
July 24, 2009 3:01:28 PM

I built my system from the ground up and originally running a GTX 8600 graphics card. Thant set up ran for a year with no issues or crashes. 3 months ago I updated to a XFX 260 black edition card and have had nothing but problems. I had to send the card back 2x and finally XFX sent a XFX 275 card and still having the same problems. The issue is when you are playing video games ie; GTA 5, Crysis, Call of Duty 4 or any other game that used a lot graphics power my system freezes or just completely shuts down and restarts. This happens with no blue screen and completely unexpected. I am monitoring CPU temps and have the fan on the card running at 100%. Every thing is running cool and within the guidelines. I have all the new drivers installed. I also have tried to run at reduced settings on the graphics card. Does anyone know about an issue with this mobo and the 260 series cards? Also if I go back to my old card the pc works fine and no issues.
July 24, 2009 4:13:32 PM

Sounds like a classic situation. You got 2 new graphics cards that both suck double the power than your gtx8600. and now you have freezing and crashing? doesnt that ring a bell? Whats your power supply?
July 29, 2009 2:02:49 AM

I am running a XION 600 watt power supply and only running 1 XFX 275. XFX supports said that I might be running into that same issue so I borrowed a friend’s power supply and ran my setup and still have the problem.
Related resources
July 30, 2009 4:09:31 AM

musstafaa said:
I am running a XION 600 watt power supply and only running 1 XFX 275. XFX supports said that I might be running into that same issue so I borrowed a friend’s power supply and ran my setup and still have the problem.

Whats the rest of of your pc? Motherboard Ram CPU ETC...
August 3, 2009 1:11:35 AM

MB -- ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2
CPU AMD A64 X2 6000 3.0G AM2
MEM 1Gx4 CRUCIAL
HD Wester Digital 1 TB SATA
!