Help with my PC switching off

vbtudor

Distinguished
May 18, 2009
Hi there

I have a problem with my pc in so much as after a while of operating it just switches itself off. Sometimes it can be after a few days of running, others after half an hour.

It is never connected to the internet so it isn't a virus or spyware it feels like a hardware problem

This has been happening for a couple of months now but is getting more regular. The problem for me is that it is my music computer and I use t in my studio, so it doesn't bode well.

Anybody have any ideas?

The computer is a Carillon AC1 with Windows XP and no software has been added (nor Hardware)since itwas working fine

Any help would be appreciated

Distinguished
May 7, 2009

Are you plugged into a power strip of some sort? If so, check it out by wriggling it around or kicking it with your foot.

In an office environment, I had a user who complained that her PC was randomly shutting down while she was working on it. Turned out she had a bad power strip under her desk which reacted everytime she accidentally kicked it.

ryanj252

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hey there

Im having the same problem with my 2 year old i5 Machine. It randomly switches off and then restarts. Sometimes it will stay on for days, and sometimes it will reboot while on start up. Please let me know if you've come across a solution.