Averatec E1200 cant find HDD

G

Hello,

I want remove the HDD from my daughters averatec E1200 but I can only see the fan and memory removable panels. I am wondering do I have to remove the bottom half of the laptop to remove it?

thanks

G

Hello,

I want remove the HDD from my daughters averatec E1200 but I can only see the fan and memory removable panels. I am wondering do I have to remove the bottom half of the laptop to remove it?

thanks

The hard disk is under the plastic part where you rest your wrists on. In other words: You have to remove the top plastic cover part that contains the touchpad. This part can be removed without having to remove the keyboard. In order to remove this part, you have to remove the according screws on the bottom of the laptop. No need to remove the screws underneath the keyboard or display. And don't forget to remove the screw that is hidden under a sticker that says "guarantee void if tampered".

Once you've removed those screws, grab an old credit card or similar, and then slide along the gap between the laptop's bottom body and the top cover in order to pop out those little plastic hooks. Be careful when the plastic cover is loose. Don't pull it away. First you have to plug out those flat cables.