GA-MA78GM-US2H HDMI audio does not work

drunkenmastera

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
GA-MA78GM-US2H.
I have it with vista ultimate.
I can get the regular audio port to work, however if i connect HDMi from pc to lcd, there's no sound, but there is video. Very clear video.

I have install the driver that came with it, I still can't get it to work.
Anyone got any ideas........

bilbat

Splendid
Don't worry - I've seen this before; there is a toggle somewhere for this, and I believe it's different for different graphics chips - I'll root around a little, and get back to you...

Bill

bilbat

Splendid
First question: have you found/done this?
0025yfo.jpg

bilbat

Splendid
I was trying to figure out what in the ^%$# a RealTek device was doing in your HDMI audio stream, it finally dawned on me - it's not! It's the standard codec that you're seeing there...

You should have a little speaker icon in the right hand side of your task-bar; clicking on it gives you the volume & mute controls; right-clicking on it gives you a selction box that I can't capture, as the <ALT> key 'to do the capture' makes it 'go away'; it has: Open Volume Mixer, Playback Devices, Recording Devices, Sounds, a divider, and then Volume Control Options. First, click on Playback Devices, and you should get someting like this:
0027f.jpg

Click to select the HDMI (I have two, as I have two HDMI capable cards...), then click properties:
0028euh.jpg

the bottom "Device Useage" should fix your problem;
next, you want, again, to right click on the speaker, and this time select the bottom Volume Control Options:
0026j.jpg

this should allow you to turn on the volume control display for it...

drunkenmastera

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
the bottom "Device Useage" should fix your problem;
next, you want, again, to right click on the speaker, and this time select the bottom Volume Control Options:

when you say device useage, do you mean enable it?
I think I have done that alrdy. I will try again when I get home.

Thanks a lot man.

bilbat

Splendid
when you say device useage, do you mean enable it?

Yes - give it another try - what I don't know, is how close your display will be to mine, and, more importantly, whether it can 'share' well with others (like kindergarten), i.e., whether you can get sound from speakers simultaneously with HDMI? I'd actually like to know, as I'm planning/researching some HTPCs for my parents...

drunkenmastera

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009

yea your display is close to me, really close.
I don't know about sharing, i only want audio through hdmi.
so far I like this board, but this hdmi problem is driving me bonkers.
I can settle for the audio through the hd port, but i rathre have the hdmi.

if i can get hdmi to work, ill test it to see if can audio stimultaneously. I'll keep u posted.

bilbat

Splendid
:ouch: Thanks, I was kind of thinking of using the on-board 5.1, at least in their livingroom... Some HD shows do a really good job of it; the 'clank' noise on the scene changes on Law & Order has a really cool, room-filling resonance to it

drunkenmastera

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
i know the board support 5.1 or even 7.1 i believe.

I got the hdmi sound working now. Under onboard video, set it to hdmi and it work.
Of course, this is after i flash motherboard to F5 and upgrade all display and sound drivers.

However, if i plug in hdmi and sound port, none of them work, so I assume it doesn't work in dual mode.

drunkenmastera

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009

yea thats what i'm thinking, the chipset doesn't support dual dvi and hdmi so thats probably why. Yea this is my new htpc setup with xbmc. I'm set to go with the hdmi now.

Mongox

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
No dual DVI-D and HDMI support...

From the manual - and seems same for all MA78(5) boards.

Under Audio, page 20:

(Note 2) Simultaneous output for DVI-D and HDMI is not supported.

Under Video, page 21 regarding dual displays:

Combination Supported or Not
DVI-D + D-Sub Yes
DVI-D + HDMI No
HDMI + D-Sub Yes

So what's true for video seems true for audio.

galacticsurfeur

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
Hi

I have the same problem with the same mother board. But in the panel control, sound, i don't see the HDMI in the list ...

How can i install the HDMI Device ?

Please Help...