azeras

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
1 day i was playing and computer just shut off and then restarted (powered off completely and no lights) and when i restarted after the bios tests has a black screen and a small 5 in the upper left corner, when the windows disk is in the drive after the countdown finishes i get a smiley face at then end of the ..... not : ) but a complete circle with smiley inside it right side up, not sideways like this :) but in dos mode.

amd phenom black 9850 quad core 2.5gig
ocz platinum edition 1gig dual channel ram stick x2=2gig total
ausus m4a78 plus mobo
diablo tek 512mb pci express nvidia 6600 graphix card
western digital caviar wd2500 sata 250gig
dynex dx-400 wps 400 watts

i do the repair prompt from the windows install cd and do chkdsk /r and says found and fixed 1 or more problems. bought a new hd a hitachi darkstar 320gig and installed just fine the first time i press the power button to shut it down instead of powering down it instantly shut off then started back up and i got the same problem again, and did the dsk check and fixed problems on that one too and now i cant get the hard drive to boot windows.

azeras

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
did alot of searching, seems most of the time its a bad driver thing (with he smiley), i took out my graphix card and tried a new one and got it to do just fine now.