How long before Cingular retreats from Feb 13 price increa..

Verizon just lowered the bar to get additional lines at $9.99; while on
Feb. 13 Cingular raised it; while raising the prices for messaging on
Internet connectivity, for which Sprint still charges $15/month.

It's almost as if Cingular was saying: "Verizon is gaining on us to be
the largest Cellular provider again, lets help them by raising our
prices so we wont add customers as fast as we were".

At least according to the web site today, Night still carry over till 7
AM.
32 answers Last reply
More about long cingular retreats price increa

    Jack Zwick Wrote:
    > Verizon just lowered the bar to get additional lines at $9.99; while on
    > Feb. 13 Cingular raised it; while raising the prices for messaging on
    > Internet connectivity, for which Sprint still charges $15/month.
    >
    > It's almost as if Cingular was saying: "Verizon is gaining on us to be
    > the largest Cellular provider again, lets help them by raising our
    > prices so we wont add customers as fast as we were".
    >
    > At least according to the web site today, Night still carry over till
    > 7
    > AM.

    I don't consider Cingular to have raised their prices overall. They
    subtracted 50 mins from the 29.99 plan and added them to the 59.99
    plan, which is more popular than the 29.99 plan. They added more
    variety to their text messaging plans. They used to have just 2 SMS
    plans now they have a lot more variety.

    The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    to most customers. Verizon has the same hours.

    They added a 69.99 plan which customers have wanted for a while, so
    Cingular now has more flexible rate plans.

    Sure they went made the 9.99 add a line only in effect for 69.99 plans
    and higher, but the 69.99 plan also includes 1100 minutes. They are
    also allowing a maximum of 5 lines on a Family Talk Plan instead of the
    previous maximum of 4

    The way I look at it is Cingular is just as competitive as Verizon.
    Verizon was not closing in on Cinular at all, Cingular has added 2
    million customers since Septeber, and continues to lead Verizon by 6
    million customers or more.

    --
    scott14661

    In article <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    scott14661 <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    > to most customers.

    Except those of us who have had 7-7 nights, or even 9-7 nights, for a
    long time.

    In article <scott14661.1kf5uz@cellphoneforums.net>,
    scott14661 <scott14661.1kf5uz@cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick Wrote:
    > > Verizon just lowered the bar to get additional lines at $9.99; while on
    > > Feb. 13 Cingular raised it; while raising the prices for messaging on
    > > Internet connectivity, for which Sprint still charges $15/month.
    > >
    > > It's almost as if Cingular was saying: "Verizon is gaining on us to be
    > > the largest Cellular provider again, lets help them by raising our
    > > prices so we wont add customers as fast as we were".
    > >
    > > At least according to the web site today, Night still carry over till
    > > 7
    > > AM.
    >
    > I don't consider Cingular to have raised their prices overall.

    And your relationship to Cingular that you defend them is?

    > They
    > subtracted 50 mins from the 29.99 plan and added them to the 59.99
    > plan, which is more popular than the 29.99 plan.

    But it now costs $19.99 rather than $9.99 to add a phone with the $59.99
    plan. THAT IS A MAJOR PRICE INCREASE. If someone wants a plan for two
    (husband and wife?) they are forced into 1100 minutes at $79.98, when
    until yesterday they could have had 850 minutes at $69.98.

    >They added more
    > variety to their text messaging plans. They used to have just 2 SMS
    > plans now they have a lot more variety.

    Which will cost anyone who wanted internet connectivity substationally
    more now.

    > The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    > to most customers. Verizon has the same hours.

    Why does the Web still say 7 AM?

    > They added a 69.99 plan which customers have wanted for a while, so
    > Cingular now has more flexible rate plans.
    >
    > Sure they went made the 9.99 add a line only in effect for 69.99 plans
    > and higher, but the 69.99 plan also includes 1100 minutes. They are
    > also allowing a maximum of 5 lines on a Family Talk Plan instead of the
    > previous maximum of 4
    >
    > The way I look at it is Cingular is just as competitive as Verizon.
    > Verizon was not closing in on Cinular at all, Cingular has added 2
    > million customers since Septeber,

    1.8 million

    > and continues to lead Verizon by 6
    > million customers or more.

    Not more.

    http://telephonyonline.com/mag/telecom_running_start/

    says differently:

    "That leaves Verizon Wireless the only major carrier aside from T-Mobile
    not facing a major integration in 2005. Leaving Verizon with space to
    make some competitive gains and focus on 3G."

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
    > In article <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    > scott14661 <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >

    >>The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    >>to most customers.
    >

    > Except those of us who have had 7-7 nights, or even 9-7 nights, for a
    > long time.

    7-7-7 is still around as a feature and will stay with the program. I am
    unsure if the change from 9-7 to 9-6 will effect everybody, or if the
    old plan will be grandfathered in.

    In article <jzwick3-D0FB90.18040813022005@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
    Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    > At least according to the web site today, Night still carry over till 7
    > AM.

    I checked the web last night at around 11pm Eastern time, and it
    absolutely showed the terms as 9pm-6am.

    In article <elmop-F7899D.23155213022005@text.usenetserver.com>,
    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    > In article <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    > scott14661 <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >
    > > The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    > > to most customers.
    >
    > Except those of us who have had 7-7 nights, or even 9-7 nights, for a
    > long time.

    Hopefully they wont change it for existing plans. If they do they've
    broken contracts.

    In article <RoWPd.68118$dt3.7173473@twister.southeast.rr.com>,
    Reighvin <dcharter@ec.rr.com> wrote:

    > Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
    > > In article <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    > > scott14661 <scott14661.1kf5uz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    > >

    > >>The fact that they changed their nights to 9-6, really isn't a big deal
    > >>to most customers.
    > >

    > > Except those of us who have had 7-7 nights, or even 9-7 nights, for a
    > > long time.
    > >
    > 7-7-7 is still around as a feature and will stay with the program. I am
    > unsure if the change from 9-7 to 9-6 will effect everybody, or if the
    > old plan will be grandfathered in.

    If they want to break contracts, and see CHURN go up, have at it.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone internet surfing
    and messaging by Cingular.

    Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500 to
    700 monthly minutes.

    Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)

    Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)

    SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    @$75)
    (additional lines $10)

    T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)

    And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    Verizon is the clear price leader now.

    =================
    Time will tell. Will Cingular retreat from it's price increase?, or will
    the Cingular's price increase give cover for SprintPCS and Verizon to
    also raise prices?

    Didn't Cingular's shills assure us that their takeover of ATTWS wouldn't
    affect the competitvness of the Cellular Market? They were wrong.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >
    > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > @$75)
    > (additional lines $10)

    > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > Verizon is the clear price leader now.

    I suppose, IF you wanted to share 500 minutes ($59.99 + 9.99 + 9.99 =
    79.97). Yet for 3 cents more, Sprint will give you 800 minutes for the
    same three phones ($70 for two phones + $10 for an add-on = $80).

    *shrug* I guess if you really want to pinch pennies, yes Verizon is the
    cost leader. But I know that if I'm sharing minutes with three phones,
    I'll gladly pay the extre three cents for those extra minutes.

    > =================
    > Time will tell. Will Cingular retreat from it's price increase?, or will
    > the Cingular's price increase give cover for SprintPCS and Verizon to
    > also raise prices?

    As long as Cingular can boast about its "Allover Network" and have
    people believe the hype, they probably can. Will tht mean that Spritn
    and Verizon with follow suit? Not necessarily.

    > Didn't Cingular's shills assure us that their takeover of ATTWS wouldn't
    > affect the competitvness of the Cellular Market? They were wrong.

    I do disagree in that regard. Cingular never really was competitive in
    my book. And AT&T wireless, like its former parent company, was on its
    way out anyway.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I think you will find that Cingular for 59.99 has 9.99 for the additional
    phone.

    > Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500
    > 700 monthly minutes.
    >
    > Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)
    >
    > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >
    > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > @$75)
    > (additional lines $10)
    >
    > T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)
    >

    > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    >
    > =================
    > Time will tell. Will Cingular retreat from it's price increase?, or
    will
    > the Cingular's price increase give cover for SprintPCS and Verizon to
    > also raise prices?
    >
    > Didn't Cingular's shills assure us that their takeover of ATTWS
    wouldn't
    > affect the competitvness of the Cellular Market? They were wrong.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Xns95FD3F645CFE1Meeenospamtodaycom@207.217.125.201>,
    Ski <scott14661@cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    > I think you will find that Cingular for 59.99 has 9.99 for the additional
    > phone.

    NOT ANY MORE. THANKS TO THE Feb 13 PRICE INCREASES.

    > > Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500
    > > 700 monthly minutes.
    > >
    > > Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > > Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > > Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > > (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)
    > >
    > > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > >
    > > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > > @$75)
    > > (additional lines $10)
    > >
    > > T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)
    > >

    > > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > > Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    > >
    > > =================
    > > Time will tell. Will Cingular retreat from it's price increase?, or
    > will
    > > the Cingular's price increase give cover for SprintPCS and Verizon to
    > > also raise prices?
    > >
    > > Didn't Cingular's shills assure us that their takeover of ATTWS
    > wouldn't
    > > affect the competitvness of the Cellular Market? They were wrong.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in

    > In article <Xns95FD3F645CFE1Meeenospamtodaycom@207.217.125.201>,
    > Ski <scott14661@cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I think you will find that Cingular for 59.99 has 9.99 for the
    >> additional phone.
    >>

    > NOT ANY MORE. THANKS TO THE Feb 13 PRICE INCREASES.
    >
    > They are getting as expensive as Sprint

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Xns95FD4BBB16347Meeenospamtodaycom@207.217.125.201>,
    Ski @ 4.232.252.214 <ski@nospamtoday.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <Xns95FD3F645CFE1Meeenospamtodaycom@207.217.125.201>,
    > > Ski <scott14661@cellphoneforums.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I think you will find that Cingular for 59.99 has 9.99 for the
    > >> additional phone.
    > >>

    > > NOT ANY MORE. THANKS TO THE Feb 13 PRICE INCREASES.

    How juvenile to forge an extra sentence to make it look like it's from
    me:

    " They are getting as expensive as Sprint", is not what I posted.

    But indeed for some situations, the new rates do make rates
    more expensive for a new Cingular customer than SprintPCS.

    Cingular still charges more than SprintPCS for 7 PM nights, but my
    Rollover (for me) more than makes up for that, and I don't need
    to pay for 7 PM nights.

    I have many reasons to still prefer Cingular. Here are 14. YMMV

    A) I got my Cingular plan before the current increases.

    B) I have Rollover (currently over 1500 minutes banked),
    so I don't need to pay for 7 PM nights to try and decrease usage.

    C) I have Quality phones (a v600 and a T637) that don't overheat in use
    and pre-maturally die long before contract is up like plastic
    CDMA Sanyo phones do. After 8 months my Cingular phones
    look and act like new. Sanyo phones were failing after 3 months,
    but would pass sprintPCS "tests"
    C2) My Cingular phones have ample memory for ring tones and pictures.
    C3) Çomes time to upgrade my phone, I just move my SIM card,
    no activation grief, no problems with transferring phone book.
    C4) Having phones which are sold in the millions worldwide makes it
    much easier to get accessories, and not be subjected to
    outrageous accessory prices charged by Carrier.

    D) With 850 MHz GSM I have better indoor reception than 1900 MHz CDMA.

    E) With GSM I have better coverage in SE Texas.

    F) With GSM I have better voice quality than CDMA.

    G) I don't have L O N G hold times for Customer service, and I don't
    get hung up on or lied to by reps with Handle Time
    maximums to worry about.

    H) With Cingular I have relatives that are also on Cingular for
    free Mobile to Mobile, and free Mobile to Mobile is not an
    extra cost or sometime add-on.

    I) I kept my Mobile number when I ported to Cingular, and Cingular
    credited me for the 3 days it took SprintPCS to release the numbers.

    J) Should I go out of the country, I can still use my phone.

    K) Dropped calls are flat not an issue anymore.

    ==============
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <1111kmta3ccjt9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    >
    > > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > >
    > > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > > @$75)
    > > (additional lines $10)
    >
    > > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > > Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    >

    > I suppose, IF you wanted to share 500 minutes ($59.99 + 9.99 + 9.99 =
    > 79.97). Yet for 3 cents more, Sprint will give you 800 minutes for the
    > same three phones ($70 for two phones + $10 for an add-on = $80).

    Where did you learn math? Verizon would be $69.98 for three phones,
    SprintPCS $80.

    > *shrug* I guess if you really want to pinch pennies, yes Verizon is the
    > cost leader. But I know that if I'm sharing minutes with three phones,
    > I'll gladly pay the extre three cents for those extra minutes.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone internet surfing
    > and messaging by Cingular.

    Cool. I saw this coming... Now he's found something to whine about at Cingular.

    Let's see... Cingular, ATTWS, Sprint. Next he'll go to T-Mobile, then Verizon
    and maybe Alltel, and will run out of carriers to complain about after using
    each one of those three carriers (I'm assuming Alltel has coverage in his part
    of Texas).

    If I was a betting man, I'd lay good odds on this happening.

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <1111kmta3ccjt9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Jack Zwick wrote:
    >>

    >>>Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >>>Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >>>
    >>>SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    >>> @$75)
    >>> (additional lines $10)
    >>
    >>>And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    >>>Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    >>

    >>I suppose, IF you wanted to share 500 minutes ($59.99 + 9.99 + 9.99 =
    >>79.97). Yet for 3 cents more, Sprint will give you 800 minutes for the
    >>same three phones ($70 for two phones + $10 for an add-on = $80).
    >

    > Where did you learn math? Verizon would be $69.98 for three phones,
    > SprintPCS $80.

    Calm down. It wasn't explained that Verizon Wireless's new family share
    plans come automatically with 2 phones, explaining the 9.99 discrepancy.

    >>*shrug* I guess if you really want to pinch pennies, yes Verizon is the
    >>cost leader. But I know that if I'm sharing minutes with three phones,
    >>I'll gladly pay the extre three cents for those extra minutes.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <42113742.20009@example.net>,
    Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > > In article <1111kmta3ccjt9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    > > Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote:

    > >>I suppose, IF you wanted to share 500 minutes ($59.99 + 9.99 + 9.99 =
    > >>79.97). Yet for 3 cents more, Sprint will give you 800 minutes for the
    > >>same three phones ($70 for two phones + $10 for an add-on = $80).
    > >

    > > Where did you learn math? Verizon would be $69.98 for three phones,
    > > SprintPCS $80.
    >

    > Calm down. It wasn't explained that Verizon Wireless's new family share
    > plans come automatically with 2 phones, explaining the 9.99 discrepancy.

    All the plan prices listed by me were for two phones, if he hadn't
    snipped my post that would be obvious to you.

    Originally the post read:

    Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500 to
    700 monthly minutes.

    Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)

    Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)

    SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    @$75)
    (additional lines $10)

    T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)

    And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    Verizon is the clear price leader now.

    > >>*shrug* I guess if you really want to pinch pennies, yes Verizon is the
    > >>cost leader. But I know that if I'm sharing minutes with three phones,
    > >>I'll gladly pay the extre three cents for those extra minutes.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone internet surfing
    > and messaging by Cingular.
    >

    > Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500 to
    > 700 monthly minutes.
    >
    > Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)
    >
    > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >
    > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > @$75)
    > (additional lines $10)
    >
    > T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)
    >

    > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    >
    > =================
    > Time will tell. Will Cingular retreat from it's price increase?, or will
    > the Cingular's price increase give cover for SprintPCS and Verizon to
    > also raise prices?
    >
    > Didn't Cingular's shills assure us that their takeover of ATTWS wouldn't
    > affect the competitvness of the Cellular Market? They were wrong.

    Jack,
    Are the price listed for the plans all include 2 lines e.g. the
    SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes includes 2 lines, with additional lines at
    $9.99?
    We have 2 phones now each with the $30 300 minutes plan. Thinking of
    adding a phone for our kid. So we need 3 lines. Any suggestions? Or
    do you think retention can offer better options/plans since our
    individual plans are expiring.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    >> We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone
    >> internet surfing and messaging by Cingular.
    >
    > Cool. I saw this coming... Now he's found something to
    > whine about at Cingular.
    >
    > Let's see... Cingular, ATTWS, Sprint. Next he'll go to
    > T-Mobile, then Verizon and maybe Alltel, and will run out
    > of carriers to complain about after using each one of
    > those three carriers (I'm assuming Alltel has coverage in
    > his part of Texas).

    Heh, at least he's rational... I'd trade our (VZW) resident
    complainer for him any day. -:)

    -Quick
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Quick wrote:

    > Heh, at least he's rational... I'd trade our (VZW) resident
    > complainer for him any day. -:)

    No, you wouldn't want to. He misrepresents everything that is said to him,
    occasionally telling flat-out lies, and he likes to morph. Although maybe he
    doesn't like to morph anymore... but he used to all the time in the spcs
    newsgroup to evade people's killfiles. I'm sure he will reply to this with some
    stupid retort about Sprint that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand,
    because he can't (well, probably *won't*) deny that he does what I just claimed
    he does. Or maybe he'll launch another personal attack against me.

    Oh yeah, he swore up and down when he left Sprint for Cingular that he would
    NEVER post in the Sprint newsgroup again. Several people caught him in *that* lie.

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <rdiQd.3620$N%3.3251@fe11.lga>, C M <cymallen@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > > We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone internet surfing
    > > and messaging by Cingular.
    > >

    > > Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500 to
    > > 700 monthly minutes.
    > >
    > > Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > > Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > > Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > > (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)
    > >
    > > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > >
    > > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > > @$75)
    > > (additional lines $10)
    > >
    > > T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)
    > >

    > > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > > Verizon is the clear price leader now.
    > >

    > Jack,
    > Are the price listed for the plans all include 2 lines e.g. the
    > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes includes 2 lines, with additional lines at
    > $9.99?
    > We have 2 phones now each with the $30 300 minutes plan. Thinking of
    > adding a phone for our kid. So we need 3 lines. Any suggestions? Or
    > do you think retention can offer better options/plans since our
    > individual plans are expiring.

    I haven't kept up with what SprintPCS retention is doing. Sorry.

    I assume a lot will depend on:

    1. How many minutes total you'll need when adding your child.
    2. How cost sensitive you are.
    3. Whether you want or need to stay with Sprint.
    4. How good other carriers are where you live.
    5. Whether Sprint retention would do good by you.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <cutdpr$3h4$1@ratbert.glorb.com>,
    Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

    > Quick wrote:
    >
    > > Heh, at least he's rational... I'd trade our (VZW) resident
    > > complainer for him any day. -:)
    >
    > No, you wouldn't want to. He misrepresents everything that is said to him,
    > occasionally telling flat-out lies, and he likes to morph.

    Wow, right until that last part I couldn't tell if you were talking
    about Zwick or John Navas.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <1108488433.155202@sj-nntpcache-3>,
    "Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

    > Steve Sobol wrote:
    > > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > >> We wont even address the price increases for Cell phone
    > >> internet surfing and messaging by Cingular.
    > >
    > > Cool. I saw this coming... Now he's found something to
    > > whine about at Cingular.
    > >
    > > Let's see... Cingular, ATTWS, Sprint. Next he'll go to
    > > T-Mobile, then Verizon and maybe Alltel, and will run out
    > > of carriers to complain about after using each one of
    > > those three carriers (I'm assuming Alltel has coverage in
    > > his part of Texas).
    >
    > Heh, at least he's rational... I'd trade our (VZW) resident
    > complainer for him any day. -:)

    Thank you Quick.

    I guess "I love Ohio" Sobol didn't see the post with 14 reasons why I
    like Cingular as opposed to Sprint. To remind him:

    ==========

    I have many reasons to still prefer Cingular. Here are 14. YMMV

    A) I got my Cingular plan before the current increases.

    B) I have Rollover (currently over 1500 minutes banked),
        so I don't need to pay for 7 PM nights to try and decrease usage.

    C) I have Quality phones (a v600 and a T637) that don't overheat in use
         and pre-maturally die long before contract is up like plastic
          CDMA Sanyo phones do. After 8 months my Cingular phones
          look and act like new. Sanyo phones were failing after 3 months,
          but would pass sprintPCS "tests"
    C2) My Cingular phones have ample memory for ring tones and pictures.
    C3) omes time to upgrade my phone, I just move my SIM card,
[...]

  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    > I guess "I love Ohio" Sobol didn't see the post with 14 reasons why I
    > like Cingular as opposed to Sprint. To remind him:

    You still haven't replied to the fact that you said you were leaving the SPCS
    newsgroup for good, and then came back. All of this is documented on Google
    Groups. OTOH, I'm not replying to your little jab, as I've already replied to
    it. At least twice.

    And the issue is not that you like Cingular better. I assumed that you still
    prefer Cingular. But now you've launched at least two separate complaint
    threads about Cingular, after crowing about them when you left Sprint. My point
    was that you will eventually get annoyed and leave them too. I'm pretty well
    convinced that no wireless provider is going to be good enough for you, and
    that you will eventually have tried all of them.

    > G) I don't have L O N G hold times for Customer service, and I don't
    > get hung up on or lied to by reps with Handle Time
    > maximums to worry about.

    And there are documented complaints from others about these exact issues with
    Cingular. There are even complaints about Verizon, which is supposed to have
    the best CS in the industry. What's your point, other than to lower the signal
    to noise ratio in the newsgroups in which you post?

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Wow, right until that last part I couldn't tell if you were talking
    > about Zwick or John Navas.

    I know you don't get along well with John Navas, but I personally don't have
    any issues with him.

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    >>Calm down. It wasn't explained that Verizon Wireless's new family share
    >>plans come automatically with 2 phones, explaining the 9.99 discrepancy.
    >

    > All the plan prices listed by me were for two phones, if he hadn't
    > snipped my post that would be obvious to you.
    >

    > Originally the post read:
    >
    > Suppose you're a Husband and Wife and want to share 2 phones with 500 to
    > 700 monthly minutes.
    >
    > Cingular $59.98 for 450 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $69.98 for 600 minutes (additional lines $19.99)
    > Cingular $79.98 for 900 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    > (all Cingular plans over $39.99 have rollover)
    >
    > Verizon $59.99 for 500 minutes (additional lines $9.99)

    By my math, it would appear to cost $59.99 for 500 minutes and $9.99 for
    the second line, bringing the cost of 500 minutes AND a second line to
    $69.98.

    > Verizon $79.99 for 1000 minutes (additional lines $9.99)
    >
    > SprintPCS $70 for 800 minutes (with "Fair & Flexible" ; 900 minutes
    > @$75)
    > (additional lines $10)
    >
    > T-Mobile $69.99 for 900 minutes (additional lines $10)
    >

    > And if a Husband, Wife and Mother-in-Law wanted to share 500 minutes,
    > Verizon is the clear price leader now.

  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <elmop-1BEE93.18033515022005@text.usenetserver.com>,
    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    > In article <cutdpr$3h4$1@ratbert.glorb.com>,
    > Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Quick wrote:
    > >
    > > > Heh, at least he's rational... I'd trade our (VZW) resident
    > > > complainer for him any day. -:)
    > >
    > > No, you wouldn't want to. He misrepresents everything that is said to him,
    > > occasionally telling flat-out lies, and he likes to morph.
    >
    > Wow, right until that last part I couldn't tell if you were talking
    > about Zwick or John Navas.

    Sobol is the one who said on his web site how he loved Ohio, would never
    move, and then POOF he was in California.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:

    > Sobol is the one who said on his web site how he loved Ohio, would never
    > move, and then POOF he was in California.

    So why *are* you continuing to post to the Sprint newsgroup after you've said
    you leave? (This would make at least the third time I've asked.)

    "In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
    Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
    amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <4212915F.5030702@example.net>,
    Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:

    > By my math, it would appear to cost $59.99 for 500 minutes and $9.99 for
    > the second line, bringing the cost of 500 minutes AND a second line to
    > $69.98.

    Your math is wrong. The Verizon $59.98 is for 2 lines.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <4212915F.5030702@example.net>,
    > Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote:
    >

    >>By my math, it would appear to cost $59.99 for 500 minutes and $9.99 for
    >>the second line, bringing the cost of 500 minutes AND a second line to
    >>$69.98.
    >

    > Your math is wrong. The Verizon $59.98 is for 2 lines.

    You didn't explicitly say that earlier. Just because you are a husband
    and wife and want to share 2 phones, that doesn't mean the rate plan
    quoted to you will be for two phones, especially when you also quote
    additonal lines.

    TH
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Where have you been for the past 30 days? Anyone who hasn't just awakened
    from a coma should know their family share is 59.98 for two lines and 9.99
    each for up to 3 additional. It was hot talk here and on all the other
    verizon boards... is advertised on radio and in newspapers. (Maybe tv to,
    but I don't watch tv.)

    "Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message

    >> Your math is wrong. The Verizon $59.98 is for 2 lines.
    >
    > You didn't explicitly say that earlier. Just because you are a husband
    > and wife and want to share 2 phones, that doesn't mean the rate plan
    > quoted to you will be for two phones, especially when you also quote
    > additonal lines.
    >
    > TH

  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    cricket wrote:
    > Where have you been for the past 30 days? Anyone who hasn't just awakened
    > from a coma should know their family share is 59.98 for two lines and 9.99
    > each for up to 3 additional. It was hot talk here and on all the other
    > verizon boards... is advertised on radio and in newspapers. (Maybe tv to,
    > but I don't watch tv.)

    I knew it because I heard it from the newsgroups. I listen to a lot of
    radio, but didn't hear it there, and I don't watch TV either. But I'm
    saying for discussion sake that it wasn't explicit. He also compared
    Cingular's prices as the base plan having two phones, but Cingular
    doesn't sell the base plan with 2 phones, neither does Sprint AFAIK. My
    point was that it wasn't specific enough.

    TH

Cingular Internet Connectivity Verizon Internet Service Providers