Windows Media Players loads on startup

geoff

How do I stop Windows Media Player from loading on
startup (as the XP splash screen loads)? It has never
done this in the 2 years I have been running XP. I
suspect that when I downloaded the latest files from the
Microsoft Windows Update site, something has chnaged.
Many thanks in advance.

Use MSCONFIG to see what is launching at startup (Start\Run, enter
"msconfig").

Note that it may not as straightforward as looking for "Media Player" in the
startup list; another program on this list may simply be invoking Media
Player.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.