New Samsung MZ- SSD?

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

Hmmmm.....OK?????

I know. It's got great read speeds, average write speeds, I've read the reviews, discussed with someone who owns one...I was just asking what the reviews for the SSDs I linked... :sweat:

elivance

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Read up to 250MB/s
Write up to 200MB/s

I don't care to read a review for this drive, or any SATA II drive. I think the mark_k is with me when I say that I'm looking forward to the newer technology, and this "new" Samsung drive is just crappy compared to that. Write speeds really don't matter that much - read speeds are a really big deal. I wouldn't settle for less than the C300, and I'm just waiting for more SATA III options.

What intrigues you about this drive? It looks to me like its overpriced and nothing special.

mgrzTX

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

It just popped up all over the place all of the sudden and I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just curious. Plus I think it looks pretty cool! Haha.

I'm not looking to buy one, I've got a 160 Gb Intel X25-M in my rig, so unless I find someone who wants to buy that off of me and buy me a newer better SSD I'm not really in the market for a while.