p1nkp7atypu5

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
i'm not completely computer savvy. i just pretty much bought an entirely new computer without buying a new computer. my motherboard died, so i replaced that ECS NVIDIA GEFORCE 7050M-M V.2.0. my processor was older, so i replaced that with an AMD ATHLON 64X2 (AM2 Slot). I got a new power supply maxes at 525. and a new dvd burner. my problem is that after i got it all hooked up, i get a message that says 'REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS ANY KEY'. my computer had not gone into windows xp at all since installing the new hardware. how do i fix it?

p1nkp7atypu5

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

i tried that and it still says the same thing. I tried moving around the jumpers on the physical hard drive, and it booted extremely fast, but it doesn't go into windows. it gives me the options to start windows normally or in safe mode etc. etc. but reboots itself after i select an option. I tried re installing windows, but then it tells me that it cannot find my hard drive.

p1nkp7atypu5

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

it's not listing anything on start up, but when i go into the setup the order is TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q then 2nd boot device is Maxtor 6y080p0. 3rd is disabled

The Maxtor 6y080p0 is your only hard disk? When does it tell you that it can't find the hard drive? If I were you I'd replace that IDE hard drive by a faster and larger SATA drive.

You haven't listed the new motherboard, but you have to reinstall Windows from scratch (delete partitions, reformat, etc.) You could have avoided it by using MergeIDE, but it's a bit late.

p1nkp7atypu5

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

i have an ECS NVIDIA GEFORCE 7050M-M motherboard. I will try to switch to another hard drive. it tells me it can't find the hard drive when i try to re install windows.