M4A79T Deluxe Computer Restart Problem

Ikee

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Okay!

I just assembled my computer by myself where i bought this MB which works as expected. Well not everything is going as planned. When i restart in my OS the screen goes black(It doesn't send anything to my monitor) and the DVD-roms start checking for something. DVD-rom1 checks then 2 then 1 then 2 etc.
No beeps no nothing.

Things i have tried:
Updating BIOS(to 1.303),
Removing the DVD's connection to the MB,
Tried with both Windows 7 and XP and Linux Ubuntu 9.04.

My setup:
Motherboard: M4A79T Deluxe
CPU: Phenom II 955 BE
Ram: Crosair 3x2GB 1600 MHz
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W
GPU: Nvidia 8800gt
HDD: WD 150 velocity raptor and WD 74 raptor.

bull2760

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Remove 2 sticks of memory and run the install. After you have installed the OS try installing 1 more module of memory, start up the computer and see if it boots. If it runs stable after installing the second module of memory shut down and install the 3rd module. Start computer again and start testing. If your installing a 32bit Operating system (I highly doubt with this much memory) Windows can have issues during the installation process. Because you have 3 memory modules it always a good idea to start with 1 and work up to your max. It will help you identify bad memory when adding one at a time.

Ikee

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Okay i found out what caused the problem. It was the RAM. One of the blocks caused the problem.

Any who can help me with some memory tests?
If i need 64 bit to check them all it would be no problem i can just install windows 7 64-bit. :)