Sign in with
Your question

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Problems with Startup

Last response: in Motherboards
July 25, 2009 2:12:16 PM

Hello All,

I have just recently gotten 2 OCZ 120 GB SSD's for my computer. I have a Western Digital 1 TB HDD as well, and a BDU 10XS Blu-ray optical drive.
I am running a corei7 920 on an Asus p6t Deluxe V2 mobo. I have been able to set up the 2 SSD's in RAID 0

I have my 2 SSD's plugged into SATA 1-2, the HDD plugged into SATA 3, and my Optical drive plugged into SATA 4.

I'm having 2 problems (so far) with startup. When BIOS is starting up, when it starts autodetecting the SATA's, it hangs up on SATA 4 and stalls for a bit. It says "not detected" eventually, but once VISTA is all going, the drive looks fine. In fact, if I set the BIOS to boot from the optical drive, it will recognize it. The reason I'm wondering what the deal is, is because when I re-boot from shutdown, it's taking forever for this system to re-boot.

The other problem I'm having is that I have a Logitech g15 keyboard, and when starting up, it's not recognizing the keyboard. Therefore, I can't even use it to hit "DEL" to get into the BIOS. The keyboard won't be active until VISTA64 is about up and running.

Thanks for the help, folks.
a b V Motherboard
July 30, 2009 7:24:52 AM

What happens when you try switching the drives, or try just using the optical drive itself?
July 31, 2009 3:29:11 AM

If I switch the ports on the drives, it still hangs up on the blu-ray optical drive. The optical drive still works, but it's during the auto-detect in the bios that is hangs up for like 20 seconds or so, before going forward. Once I hit Vista, there are no issues.

This may be just something I will have to live with, but it's annoying that my usb keyboard isn't recognized and neither is my optical drive during start up. It's like, being 2 cents off on a balance sheet, and not knowing where you're off.
Related resources
November 2, 2009 2:20:26 AM

mastervodo said:
If I switch the ports on the drives, it still hangs up on the blu-ray optical drive. The optical drive still works, but it's during the auto-detect in the bios that is hangs up for like 20 seconds or so, before going forward. Once I hit Vista, there are no issues.

This may be just something I will have to live with, but it's annoying that my usb keyboard isn't recognized and neither is my optical drive during start up. It's like, being 2 cents off on a balance sheet, and not knowing where you're off.

Did you find out what was causing the problem with the G15?
November 2, 2009 2:34:34 AM

I have not. I imagine that the G15 needs some software loaded for the system to recognize it, and that software is not able to be loaded until Vista begins. I have a backup basic keyboard that I have plugged into a USB port, so if I need to, I can get into set up if I need to.

Thanks for responding!
November 26, 2009 5:31:33 AM

For the G15 to work, you need to enable usb legacy support in the bios.
It is a catch 22 situation.
to resolve this, get a ps/2 keyboard and plug it into the motherboard.
Press the del key to get into the bios and enable the usb legacy support for the G15 to be recognised during the boot process.

To resolve the hanging during the auto detection period of the hdd detection, in the bios set the hdd timeout to 0 or 5 seconds and that should fix your problem.
!