9800GTX+ Question about factory specs.

jpar63

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Hey all! I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently got an EVGA 9800GTX+ (512-P3-N879AR) now, the specs on this card say that it comes from the factory with a Core Clock of 740MHz and a Memory clock of 2200MHz. When I checked the factory settings on my card they showed up as, Core Clock 756MHz and Memory Clock of 2246MHz, the same as the 9800GTX+ SC edition (512-P3-884-AR). Trust me, this is not by any means a problem. I was just curious if I got a mislabeled card or did I just wind up with a "good chipset" or did they accidently load the BIOS for the OC edition at the factory? It may actually be a stupid question 'cuz (at least in my mind) one of the formentioned has to be what happened (unless all my reporting software is nutz). I guess my question is more along the lines of. Has this happened to anyone else? If I ever have to RMA the card will this be an issue, since it could be seen as overclocked? If I do have to RMA, should I underclock it to the specs of the regular 9800GTX+? By the way, I love this GPU. No it is not "top of the line" but for what it costs it is super hard to beat. ATI lovers need not apply to respond to that!

jpar63

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
And what if I want to SLI it, which one do I buy? I wana make sure I have matching Core Clocks. Should I go with a SC edition or take my chances and go with the model that I am supposed to have now?