Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Performance
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 7, 2010 12:41:23 PM

Hi,
I am building a new water cooled pc and i am stuck in choosing the radiator which should perform best and must have low noise fan......... So i am wondering which 360 Rad would be the best for this setup???
Some Recommendation of Rad..
1) XSPC RX360 Extreme Performance Radiator
2) TFC 360 Xchanger
3) Black Ice Xtreme 3 High Performance Radiator
4) thermochill 360 rad

Also tell me some fans that must be used with them..........
Thanks

More about : 360 radiator fans low noise performance cooling

a c 331 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 2:02:14 PM

What are you cooling with this loop? Have you considered the Swiftech MCR320's? They are very budget friendly and perform very well when paired with the correct fans for a loop setup.

Please do some reading: http://skinneelabs.com/radiators.html
m
l
a c 100 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 3:11:06 PM

From my research I'd agree the Swiftech MCR320 is quite good. It's a low FPI rad so you can use slower/less CFM fans which means less noise.
m
l
Related resources
September 7, 2010 4:23:02 PM

i am gona use mcp655 pump for cooling cpu, 2X5870, 1 GTS250 with universal GPU waterblock and may be ram.....

Swiftech rad is some what a basic kind of rad..........

according to my knowledge this rad wont be enough for this setup i not sure abt it but it seems cant compensate the heat exchange....
m
l

Best solution

a c 86 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 4:39:37 PM

Low noise equals low FPI radiators. I myself like XSPC RX and Thermochill rads. Black Ice Sr1 is good too.

You need to understand the difference. You mentioned The Black Ice Xtreme. It's NOT a low FPI, it's very high FPI and NEEDS some higher RPM fans to perform.

And umm yes, You are way short in raddage. I'd go NO less than a 120x3 AND a 120x2. You plan to overclock, better get total rad space of 120x6.

And you might be short on pumpage with all of that in one loop. Consider budgeting TWO pumps in series.

You really should go to Skinneelabs.com and read up on all of this stuff to start.
a c 331 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 6:59:48 PM

That's a lot in a loop for a 320 rad alone. Leave out the RAM ...its worthless to WC that. If you think you need RAM cooling, find a $20 active cooler for your sticks.

And why do you have a CrossFire setup with an nVidia card added in? If you say Physx I think you are wasting your time and money.
m
l
September 7, 2010 7:06:02 PM

gts 250 was lying spare so i thought to put in to pc................
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 7:08:14 PM

Were you going to 'do anything' with it? There isn't really a point of adding it in with a Xfire config unless you are going to do something specific with the NV card.
m
l
a c 100 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 8:24:54 PM

Hey don't knock on a PhysX card. PhysX is pretty sweet in the few games that use it properly lol. (CF 5850 + GT 240 PhysX owner here =P )

That said, as a PhysX card it hardly needs water cooling unless the fan happens to be exceedingly loud. My 240's fan has never exceeded 35% so it isn't even noticeable.

As mentioned above, you need way more than a 120x3 for a CPU and two 5870 in a loop. Based on specs the 655 should be able to pump through all that but maybe a dual loop setup would be better for you.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
September 7, 2010 8:37:52 PM

Going to need at least 2x a 320 rad in amost any situation, flow rate and fan config. Dual loops would be beneficial if you don't mind spending the money on them, but a solid, single loop would work as well.
m
l
September 9, 2010 11:07:25 AM

wolfram23 said:
Hey don't knock on a PhysX card. PhysX is pretty sweet in the few games that use it properly lol. (CF 5850 + GT 240 PhysX owner here =P )

That said, as a PhysX card it hardly needs water cooling unless the fan happens to be exceedingly loud. My 240's fan has never exceeded 35% so it isn't even noticeable.

As mentioned above, you need way more than a 120x3 for a CPU and two 5870 in a loop. Based on specs the 655 should be able to pump through all that but maybe a dual loop setup would be better for you.

my gts 250 alone has 58C idle on automatic fan speed and reach 91 on load...... on 100% speed it barely come to 80C.....
so thats the reason ................
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
September 9, 2010 8:35:50 PM

What are your ambient temps? You shouldn't be hitting that high on temps unless you have a hot room and horrible case airflow. I still think its all airflow problems, if that is your reasoning to go to WC.
m
l
September 19, 2010 8:18:20 AM

Best answer selected by wam9xx.
m
l
September 24, 2010 8:35:16 PM

Among all these rad available on skinneelabs which rad will u going to prefer me........
and tell me how thickness of rad affect performance along with fpi???
m
l
a c 86 K Overclocking
September 25, 2010 3:31:09 AM

wam9xx said:
Among all these rad available on skinneelabs which rad will u going to prefer me........
and tell me how thickness of rad affect performance along with fpi???

You want me to tell you what to buy?

And to stand in front of a class and teach the solo student that needs spoon fed? I spent 10 years teaching electronics to folks. Those who couldn't handle the work/math or the concepts became cooks, truck drivers, and bullet stoppers.

You have a brain. You have money. You spend your money wisely by spending as much of YOUR time to make what YOU want as an informed buyer. be a modern consumer. You have the internet, use it.

I'm not recommending anything. You want a recommedation?

Stay air cooled....... You probably have less money and brains than needed anyway. Don't join the Army.........

m
l
September 30, 2010 1:14:37 PM

Conumdrum said:
You want me to tell you what to buy?

And to stand in front of a class and teach the solo student that needs spoon fed? I spent 10 years teaching electronics to folks. Those who couldn't handle the work/math or the concepts became cooks, truck drivers, and bullet stoppers.

You have a brain. You have money. You spend your money wisely by spending as much of YOUR time to make what YOU want as an informed buyer. be a modern consumer. You have the internet, use it.

I'm not recommending anything. You want a recommedation?

Stay air cooled....... You probably have less money and brains than needed anyway. Don't join the Army.........

This was a really selfish and thoughtless reply. And not to mention completely contradictory.

You mention about this guy spending money WISELY and using HIS time to be an informed buyer...Wake up mate, thats EXACTLY what he is doing, but posting on this site and asking the questions he is asking. How is he supposed to be informed if he isn't helped out.

Your recommendation is ridiculous, and the offence about money and brains is again, stupid. At best. Must have caught you on a bad day huh? Anyone serious about building a system, especially for performance reasons would be crazy not to invest in watercooling, as it's so straightforward and accessible these days. I hope he got the advice and system that he deserves. And I hope you found some other noob to throw your worthless offenses at.

m
l
September 30, 2010 1:17:27 PM

wam9xx said:
Best answer selected by wam9xx.

n
n
n
n
n
n
nHey mate, Hope you ended up choosing your parts and getting your system together? Ignore what Conumdrum wrote...For someone who "Spend 10 years teaching blah blah blah..." he sure doesn't know how to communicate to someone. Sounds like a bitter war veteran to me!
n
nIf you need help on anything, please feel free to post again, and don't worry that you will get crap like that. We will be most glad to help out :) 
n
nAll the very best!
n
n
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2010 3:28:14 PM

^+1 :) 
m
l
!