There are no working drivers anywhere on the internet for this particular RAID controller for Windows 7.
Or at least there wasn't
until I messed with them. I'm a little stubborn so I spent a some time tweaking the files, and after many crashes and a few OS re-installs, I came out with something that works.Download Dell CERC 2610SA Adaptec drivers for 64-bit Windows 7 here
If you are like me and just cannot let old parts go to waste and refuse to conform with the rest of this pre-programmed internet society, then enjoy. I realize this thread is old, but the fact that I came across it today looking for the same solution warranted it being re-opened.INSTRUCTIONS:
- Extract the files to any folder
- Go to device manager (Start button -> Search box -> "Device Manager")
- Find your RAID controller on the Device List under "Storage Controllers".
- Right click it and update drivers. Do not update automatically. Instead browse to the folder.
- If you experience any errors during installation, choose "Install anyway".WARNING:
I suggest you create a system image on a separate HDD, or at least back up your files. I see no reason these drivers will cause problems, but still, let it be known I am not responsible for you breaking your PC. Whatever you do, do NOT attempt to install a driver for a different OS, as it may cause your PC to become unbootable without a chance of a repair recovery. The files linked here are modified and were originally meant for 64-bit Windows XP. So far I have experienced zero errors/crashes and have tested in all RAID configurations, each working on all accounts.