PervertedJustice

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
Let me start off by saying, new to the forum long time lurker and appreciate any and all response or suggestions.

Alright I picked up an i7 920, now I need a board to go with it. I have done research and read reviews but am still left undecided when trying pick a board. I've read such mixed reviews on all the boards it has been tough to narrow my decision down to one. I'm working 7 days a week right now, another reason it's made it tough to do the research I would like before choosing a board.

With that being said money really isn't an issue, but I'd like to know I'm getting the best mobo for my dollar I don't want to pay $100 dollars more for a board with upgrades I'm never going to take advantage of. I was leaning towards the EVGA E760 Classified, but the more I've read on it again some say it's hands down the best and others just the opposite. Hope I'm not leaving too much info out but I'm just starting this build and I will be using my current video card and memory until 4gb memory sticks become more readily available and when I have time to sit down and research video cards.

I plan on running 12 - 24gigs of memory, dual nvidia video cards, 4 Western Digital RE3 1TB Hard Drives (in Raid 0), looking at the BFG Tech EX-1200 or Kingwin Mach 1 ABT-1000MA1S power supply (anyone using either one?). Now onto the boards I was looking at. Again I'm open to suggestions and don't mind spending the extra cash on a higher end board if I'm paying for reliability (I do plan on overclocking and don't want to worry about heat) and something that's going to remain upgradable for some time.

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution
EVGA E760 SLI Classified
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Foxconn BloodRage
ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer
EVGA E758-A1
ASRock X58 Supercomputer

I'm open to other suggestions or even boards coming out in the near future to hold off on