Oc'n 5870 w/ msi afterburner

cyprus1234

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Hello

Im trying to oc my xfx 5870 using msi afterburner but i cant push it past 900mhz its the max that is available which is also the same that ccc allows, i was told to set the sliders using ccc to performance which i did before using afterburner. so is it possible to go beyond 900? Thank you for any input

Solution
Turn off overdrive in CCC, go into the folder where afterburner is installed and find the .cfg (configuration) file. Open it with notepad and find the line that says enableunofficialoverclocking=0 and change the 0 to a 1 and resave it. (Make sure to change the file type to all files when you save it or it will save it as a text file instead of a config file) That will remove the limit in afterburner. You can't have it running when you do this by the way.

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Turn off overdrive in CCC, go into the folder where afterburner is installed and find the .cfg (configuration) file. Open it with notepad and find the line that says enableunofficialoverclocking=0 and change the 0 to a 1 and resave it. (Make sure to change the file type to all files when you save it or it will save it as a text file instead of a config file) That will remove the limit in afterburner. You can't have it running when you do this by the way.

Solution