Bios update for asus p6t delux and i7 920

logesh_v

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Hi friends,
i have a problem with my system...my config is i7 920 processor, asus p6t deluxe mobo, 6 gb ddr3 ram and 9800gt 512mb graphic card, 650 watts psu.

my main purpose of this rig is for graphics rendering as iam in archviz industy.

Now problem is when i start my computer it shows this message "this system can perform better if the Bios is updated...press f1 to continue"

my bios version is 3.1.0.12

i googled how to update bios but not sure abt the answers...

can anyone tell me how i can make use of the maximum capability of my pc to get faster render times...iam sure that i7 can perform faster than my other quad cores...i also heard we can make the processor to run beyond the factory speed...it was written on the mobo pack that we can easily overclock it to get faster speeds...but i dono how to do that..

so i need help techies...pls help me how to update the bios and also if poosible can snyone get me link to update bios and also want to know how to spped up the processor more..

regards,
logesh.v

Solution
Hi,

Probably the easiest way is to first download the latest BIOS from the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Product: Motherboard
Series: LGA1366
Model: P6T Deluxe or P6T Deluxe v2

Choose your OS and then select the latest BIOS from the BIOS section, you can install this using the ASUS update program which you should have on you driver CD or if not you can get from the 'Other' section of the downloads page.

ragsmaloy

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hi,

Probably the easiest way is to first download the latest BIOS from the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Product: Motherboard
Series: LGA1366
Model: P6T Deluxe or P6T Deluxe v2

Choose your OS and then select the latest BIOS from the BIOS section, you can install this using the ASUS update program which you should have on you driver CD or if not you can get from the 'Other' section of the downloads page.

Solution

logesh_v

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

thanks for ur kind help ragsmaloy....i dwnloaded the driver asus bios update 1504...and updated the bios...its al fine now...it doesnt show any update required while restarting the OS....but i dono if there is any performance boost...thanks for the help...

Problem Solved!!!!!!!!!

JessieJ

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'm a bit leery or bios updates. I was told they can be dangerous by possibly creating more problems than they solve.

In the Owners Manual for Gigabyte UD4
It is recommended that you not alter the default settings ( unless you need to ) to prevent system instability or other unexpected results. Inadequately altering the settings may result in system's failure to boot. If this occurs, try to clear the CMOS values and reset the board to default values....

But I'm still a greenhorn learning as I go. Never tried any kindof board updates myself.