bullabog

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello,
when i shuts off my computer my cpu still running and the windows logo still on the monitor sayting its now safe to shutdown your computer.my question is how can shut off the comp.on its original system

Solution
It seems some how Windows is identifying your Power Management system as APM instead of more advanced ACPI.

To check the power management configuration in open the Control Panel from the Start menu.

If the system is using Category View, select Performance And Maintenance and then click the Power Options icon.
If the system is using Classic View for Control panel, just click the Power Options icon.

If windows identified the system as having an APM-compliant BIOS, you’ll see an APM tab in the Power Options Properties dialog box. (If the system were identified as having an ACPI-compliant BIOS, you wouldn’t see an APM tab.)

If you see an APM tab click it and then enable Enable Advanced Power Management support. You should...
It seems some how Windows is identifying your Power Management system as APM instead of more advanced ACPI.

To check the power management configuration in open the Control Panel from the Start menu.

If the system is using Category View, select Performance And Maintenance and then click the Power Options icon.
If the system is using Classic View for Control panel, just click the Power Options icon.

If windows identified the system as having an APM-compliant BIOS, you’ll see an APM tab in the Power Options Properties dialog box. (If the system were identified as having an ACPI-compliant BIOS, you wouldn’t see an APM tab.)

If you see an APM tab click it and then enable Enable Advanced Power Management support. You should however try to get the proper ACPI driver working as APM is old.

Solution