I don't have Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
Windows Update frequently includes updates for Office. I don't have Office. How do I stop the notices? Unchecking does not work. They reappear.

Solution
Just what COLGeek wrote, and if u don't know, just select to hide those updates in Windows 7

Best would be remove it, if u have it and not using it. Free the system resources.

original

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Yes (trial version) and I immediately uninstalled it. Never installed one.

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

I have powerpoint viewer. I thought of that, but in reading description of the update I couldn't find a connection.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like your system still thinks the trial version of Office is installed. You might try running CCleaner (www.piriform.com/ccleaner). Use the Registry tool to clean up your registry. Any orphaned Office entries should be removed by that tool.

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

No harm? Don't know. I have always heard it is beneficial to get rid of or don't download unnecessary stuff.

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Could be. I thought of that and checked thoroughly for leftovers. I frequently run CCleaner, but have been staying away from
the Registry tool after reading lots of scary stuff about such cleaners. I will run it now to see if it helps in this case. Thanks for your help.

hhm7163

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
I want to thank all who responded. Good ideas and suggestions which I have or will adopt. By the way, the Office updates came as 3 separate ones so it seems the problem may be more than possibly my Powerpoint Viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.