Need help hittin 4.0 ghz

i have a gigabyte 870a-ud3 motherboard and a 1055t processor i can hit 3.8 easy but once i got to 4.0 i get lock up withing minutes of loggin into windows i have 2x2 gb of gskill ripjaws also help please wanan hit the magical 4.0 ghz STABLE :o i stress
17 answers Last reply
More about need hittin
  1. Hi philly_87 and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

    U need start to rise the NB voltage and FBS and slow down the RAM speed.
  2. Please list your current specs please
  3. Mobo: Gigabyte 870A-UD3
    CPU: Phenom II X6 1055T
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB

    Read please.
  4. christiangordon said:
    Please list your current specs please

    ok here goes
    cpu clock x14=3864
    cpu nothhbridge x8=2208mhz
    cpu frequency 276mhz
    ht link auto, non auto ranges from 200mhz to 2ghz
    memory clock x 533=1471 mhz

    voltages
    memory 1.5
    cpu nb vid controler 1.25
    nb pci voltage normal 1.8
    cpu core 1.475
    nb voltage 1.1

    this is stable also but when i try to hit 4.0 it locks up
    im new to overclocking so any advice is nice i have read forums till my eyes bleed but no help but the minus raise the frequency lol :pt1cable:
  5. saint19 said:
    Hi philly_87 and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

    U need start to rise the NB voltage and FBS and slow down the RAM speed.

    ty for the welcome raise the nb voltage how high and lowerram speed how much?
    i know the fbs needs to be at 286 cause the multiplyer is locked at 14
  6. NB Frequency: 2600-2800
    NB voltage: 1.3V
    CPU voltage: Try with little increase
    FBS: What speed is ur RAM? If it's 1600 slow down until 1333 and if it's 1333 slow down to 800 or 900.
  7. well while fiddling around i think i got it
    parameters are as followed
    multiplier is 14
    northbridge is at x9=2574
    memory is at x5.33=1525
    had to raise the volatges on the cpu to 1.525 and memory to 1.6 but its stable for a couple minutes on p95 now to find a cooler to hold it low enought temps to run 24-7 any suggestions?
  8. philly_87 said:
    well while fiddling around i think i got it
    parameters are as followed
    multiplier is 14
    northbridge is at x9=2574
    memory is at x5.33=1525
    had to raise the volatges on the cpu to 1.525 and memory to 1.6 but its stable for a couple minutes on p95 now to find a cooler to hold it low enought temps to run 24-7 any suggestions?


    What cooler are you using?
  9. A couple of minutes doesn't mean stable.

    Run 2 hours primer95, 1 hour Linx or 3 hours OCCT if u don't get any error ur rig and OC is stable in other case try again with other settings.

    And keep in mind that 1.6V is 0.20V more that the max voltage recommended for AMD to that CPU and u could damage ur CPU.

    A good cooler for price/performance is the Hyper 212+ but if u want something better the Titan Fenrir or Noctua NH-D14 are very solid.
  10. saint19 said:
    A couple of minutes doesn't mean stable.

    Run 2 hours primer95, 1 hour Linx or 3 hours OCCT if u don't get any error ur rig and OC is stable in other case try again with other settings.

    And keep in mind that 1.6V is 0.20V more that the max voltage recommended for AMD to that CPU and u could damage ur CPU.

    A good cooler for price/performance is the Hyper 212+ but if u want something better the Titan Fenrir or Noctua NH-D14 are very solid.


    the memory the gskill is at 1.6 the cpu is at 1.525 and if i lower it anymore it doesnt run stable and a couple minutes is all i can afford as my cooling at the moment is the hyper 212 and it hits over 50 fast but ive been running it all day playing games and surfing the web and it seems stable but id like to run p95 for awhile hence why i need a better cooler i think the max heat allowed for the cpu is 60 and it gets ther really fast with the hyper 212 would you reccomend a corsair h50 or a noctura? i have a azza solarno case but i can move the side fan to the outside if neccisary this is also my first build and oc with amd :D so far im liking it the price comparrison is what won me over
  11. philly_87 said:
    the memory the gskill is at 1.6 the cpu is at 1.525 and if i lower it anymore it doesnt run stable and a couple minutes is all i can afford as my cooling at the moment is the hyper 212 and it hits over 50 fast but ive been running it all day playing games and surfing the web and it seems stable but id like to run p95 for awhile hence why i need a better cooler i think the max heat allowed for the cpu is 60 and it gets ther really fast with the hyper 212 would you reccomend a corsair h50 or a noctura? i have a azza solarno case but i can move the side fan to the outside if neccisary this is also my first build and oc with amd :D so far im liking it the price comparrison is what won me over


    You are definitely doing something wrong, the 212+ is one of the best air coolers out. What paste did you use? Have you tried re-seating the cooler?
  12. philly_87 said:
    the memory the gskill is at 1.6 the cpu is at 1.525 and if i lower it anymore it doesnt run stable and a couple minutes is all i can afford as my cooling at the moment is the hyper 212 and it hits over 50 fast but ive been running it all day playing games and surfing the web and it seems stable but id like to run p95 for awhile hence why i need a better cooler i think the max heat allowed for the cpu is 60 and it gets ther really fast with the hyper 212 would you reccomend a corsair h50 or a noctura? i have a azza solarno case but i can move the side fan to the outside if neccisary this is also my first build and oc with amd :D so far im liking it the price comparrison is what won me over


    U can go above the 60C on ur own risk, my X4 955 says 63C but few weeks ago I hit the 73C and the CPU still running without problems.

    The performance of the Hyper 212+ depends mostly of the thermal paster and fan installation.

    Finally prime95, LinX and OCCT are stress test software but in normal use or even in games u will never use the CPU and RAM as those programs do.
  13. i used artic silver 5 and ya i tried reseating it also same results i am only using the supplyed fan with it also
  14. I assume that u have the fan installed in the side of the RAM slots and that u have enable "smart fan control" right?
  15. saint19 said:
    I assume that u have the fan installed in the side of the RAM slots and that u have enable "smart fan control" right?

    yes by the memory but i have it running 100% all the time

    would you reccomend a corsair h50 or a noctura d14? them are the 2 im looking at atm
  16. The H50 is a crap against the NH-D14 1st be sure that ur fan is fine if it's not go with the NH-D14 or H70 stay away from the H50.
  17. Ty, the nd14 it is then cause the h70 is 125$ thats alooot for a heatsink really much appreciated for the help
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Processors Gigabyte Overclocking