Nvidia 9600 GT to Lcd Problem

Drekonai

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Hi,

I have a problem with my new videocard, It's a Nvidia 9600 GT 1024mb.

The card works flawless on my computer monitor when playing games etc. But when i plug it in to my LCD through a HDMI cable its doing weard. So i go to my Nvidia Configuration screen - multiple screens - than i clone my LCD TV to the sreen of my monitor. So it clones my monitor. Now the problem is, it works but sometimes the screen gets black or sometimes it shows "No Signal" so when im gaming or watching a movie it gets black and than back to a normal screen.. Very frustrating.

I had a PNY Nvidia 7600GT and NO problems.

I tried to configure the LCD good. I tried switch the ports for the monitor cable and the HDMI. Deleted the drivers a couple of times and reinstalled it.
Is there maybe software to fix this.
Thanks in advance, hope you can help me

I think it has to do something with the refreshings rate of the LCD TV. So that he searches for a better signal or something like that and than get black and back to normal.

sprucebr1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
It's tough to say, what's going on here. NVIDIA drivers maybe the issue. NVIDIA originally, didn't support the full functionality of HDMI, so I would think that the most up to date drivers would take care of that. Remember, you need two things for your connection, video, and audio. HDMI does both, so there should be no problem either way, though I'm still not 100% sure if the NVIDIA drivers fully support the latest HDMI version. You may have to speak with your manufacturer on this one, there maybe a software fix, IDK. Maybe even check the 9600GT spec on NVIDIA.com, maybe they have some more info. Hope that helps.

Drekonai

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I have the newest drivers from Nvidia for windows Vista 32bit.

Ill search for some software etc on my manufacturer's site ;)

Thx

sprucebr1

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
Yeah, Try Component Video (RGB). Its possible that that will turn out better than just trying HDMI. NVIDIA/Gigabyte may have better support for that. If your LCDTV came up automatically, then Vista (your OS) should be able to display on that screen, unless you found a driver for the TV or something, I think there isn't much you can do to reinstall the TV. The only other thing I can think of, is if there is some sort of "mode" button on the TV to change from VGA/S-Video/HDMI etc, maybe play around with that, maybe something is messed up there.

Drekonai

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009

You are right on that one. You can configure to what port you use.

So if u use HDMI, you can configure that that HDMI port is connected to the PC.

But ill buy myself some component cables and see what happens :D

simon_france

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Hi everyone, i found a solution and it's working !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
my configuration :

nvidia 9600GT
LCD TV PHILIPS 32PFL5403D
LCD Monitor Asus

HDMI cable via DVI Adaptator

Nvidia Driver : Drivers Nvidia GeForce 6/7/8/9/100/200/ION version 186.18 WHQL 9600 GT

Microsoft XP SP 3

and a XBOX 360 (via YUV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before it worked : i couldn't use my LCD TV as a Dual Monitor, my computer knew there was a screen but No Signal...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ) install the Latest Nvidia Driver

2) plug in the LCD TV via HDMI/DVI adaptator to the 9600GT

3) go into the Parameters of xbox 360
3.1 ) Display > HDTV settings > 1080p (Even if your TV (like mine) doesn't support this format)
3.2 ) Accept the 50HZ if your TV support it

4) your computer LCD : a window should pop-up asking you to set-up your both screens then use your LCD resolutions

5 ) switch back your Xbox360 Display to default resolutions

i hope this will help