Terrible problem, new comp, freezing on boot randomly

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Boot
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
February 20, 2009 4:34:33 AM

Okay, I just put a brand new comp together and i'm having some issues. This is extremely frustrating.

I installed windows, worked fine, installed graphic drivers, worked fine, installed mobo chipset drivers, worked fine...

at least i thought. Now i get the wierdest situation ever.

RANDOMLY, and i mean about 85% of the time when i boot, i see the desktop, 2 items on the task manager pop up an then i get a complete freeze and my comp reboots.

Now the odd thing, randomly it gets passed this and i can use my comp.

So originally i figured it was USB issues because it seemed to always happen when my mouse was plugged in via USB.

So i would unplug it and boot and still get it sometimes.

So i downloaded @BIOS, and updated.

Still having the issue. Got the latest windows and chipset drivers, still problem.

No hardware is missing in Device Manager.

I played with bios settings, made sure USB mouse was enabled, loaded fail safe, optimized, the works.

I am completey confused off my butt as to what this is and why it's happening.

Honestly the only thing i can think of at this point is overheating but that just seems wrong, i activated the warnings in bios and never heard a single one when it would freeze and restart.

Please, someone help me here, i am completely and utterly clueless as how to fix this.

Here is my comp: http://secure.newegg.com/WishL...ishListNumber=12430088

More about : terrible problem comp freezing boot randomly

February 20, 2009 5:49:11 AM

The link to your system is broken. System freezes are very often RAM related. What model RAM do you have? Did you manually set the RAM speed, timings, and voltage to the manufacturers specs in the BIOS? Have you run memtest86+ overnight to test for RAM errors?
February 20, 2009 11:08:28 AM

^ +1, This is 80% of the time a memory problem.
The very first thing to check is that your memory is running the correct voltage.
If it is running the correct voltage, try bumping it up slightly.
!