Computer starts but won't boot, code 69 on my UD5P

rocknje

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2009
I just built my brand new computer. Everything seems to be working...Fans, LED's, DVD Burner etc., but my computer won't fully turn on or boot. My Monitors don't receive a signal.

I have the Gigabyte UD5 motherboard and it gives a code 69 on the motherboard LED. When looked up, that means Turn on L2 Cache. I did talk to their tech support before I realized that this was a real problem and they closed. They said that the motherboard goes through a process and stops at a point when there needs something fixed etc. and it stopped at 69. Once again from the booklet it says Turn on L2 Cache.

How do you turn on that cache? Or is it another problem I am not aware of?

Thanks

bilbat

Splendid
"Turn on L2 Cache" isn't an instruction to you, or anything that's optional on the system; it means that the BIOS got to the stage in the start-up routine where it was commanding the CPU to activate it's secondary on-die memory cache; this command could simply be failing due to a bad CPU, or it might be hanging there due to insufficient power delivery. The first thing I would do is re-seat the CPU - it might just be a poor contact ball...