Sign in with
Your question

Verbatim external hard drive problems

Last response: in Storage
September 1, 2010 8:36:09 AM

Hello,i've got a 500Gb verbatim external hard drive i used about 300Gb thus far but now i cant see the folders i had stored on it. as if they hidden and i dont know how to retrieve these folders i tried searching but no luck. is there something i can do to retrieve them they definitly ther but cannot be seen. could it be a virus and if so what is a good virus removal tool.ian
September 1, 2010 2:20:27 PM

just a thought......did you try going to folder options and then to view and select show hidden files and folders and then check the drive again......
March 28, 2012 5:29:43 PM

teaser said:
just a thought......did you try going to folder options and then to view and select show hidden files and folders and then check the drive again......

Thankyou... worked for me.
Related resources
February 8, 2013 8:51:20 AM

ian_62 said:
Hello,i've got a 500Gb verbatim external hard drive i used about 300Gb thus far but now i cant see the folders i had stored on it. as if they hidden and i dont know how to retrieve these folders i tried searching but no luck. is there something i can do to retrieve them they definitly ther but cannot be seen. could it be a virus and if so what is a good virus removal tool.ian

hello i've had that problem before, i have a Seagate 500GB and i've experienced that already.
It's a virus, but i have a friend that is a nerd at computers and he knows what to do. if you're interested you can email me at carl_john27@yahoo.com but if you're far away from my location... i'll just try to ask my friend how to do it and i'll try to share it to ya.
!