Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
is for me!

ali

JulyRaine wrote:
> Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
> little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
> they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
> is for me!

Ya know I had seen the yellow target, but never knew why it was there.
I had Sims 1 also, but never knew that about the game. Funny huh?
Definitely cool. :)

Ali

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:22:16 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
>little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
>they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
>is for me!

July, it's been that way since the original Sims 5 years ago! LOL

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:22:16 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
> >little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
> >they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
> >is for me!
>
> July, it's been that way since the original Sims 5 years ago! LOL

Okay, I'm going to put myself in the line of fire, too. I also didn't know
this little fact. Thanks for sharing, July!

GP....pppbbbbbtttt!LOL

Kelly

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:02:23 -0800, "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Okay, I'm going to put myself in the line of fire, too. I also didn't know
>this little fact. Thanks for sharing, July!
>
>GP....pppbbbbbtttt!LOL

Hehehe... I just wish it worked in fullscreen/first person mode.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:02:23 -0800, "Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Okay, I'm going to put myself in the line of fire, too. I also didn't know
>>this little fact. Thanks for sharing, July!
>>
>>GP....pppbbbbbtttt!LOL
>

> Hehehe... I just wish it worked in fullscreen/first person mode.

First person mode????

-georg

"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:22:16 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
>>little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
>>they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
>>is for me!
>
> July, it's been that way since the original Sims 5 years ago! LOL

ROTFL you're right Guardian, but I also forgot about it & it's nice to
be reminded again.

.....B

"JulyRaine" <JulyRaine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
> little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
> they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
> is for me!

It is for me too now because I forgot about it. Thanks for posting July!
:)

.....B

georg wrote:
> First person mode????

Where you see what the selected sim sees.

Will Bradshaw wrote:

> georg wrote:
>
>>First person mode????
>

> Where you see what the selected sim sees.

How do you get that??

-georg

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:39:43 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ya know I had seen the yellow target, but never knew why it was there.
>I had Sims 1 also, but never knew that about the game. Funny huh?
>Definitely cool. :)

I can't believe so many people never tried right-clicking the sims
image! lol

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:39:43 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Ya know I had seen the yellow target, but never knew why it was there.
>>I had Sims 1 also, but never knew that about the game. Funny huh?
>>Definitely cool. :)
>
> I can't believe so many people never tried right-clicking the sims
> image! lol

Well, I guess you weren't around as much then to remind us. :p
I don't remember you posting as much with The Sims as you do with Sims 2
teaching
and sharing with us.

I really do enjoy your posts!! ;)

.....B

Guardian Pegasus schrieb:
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:39:43 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Ya know I had seen the yellow target, but never knew why it was there.
>>I had Sims 1 also, but never knew that about the game. Funny huh?
>>Definitely cool. :)
>

> I can't believe so many people never tried right-clicking the sims
> image! lol

I didn't know it either although I have been playing the sims for years.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:07:53 +0100, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:39:43 -0500, ali <babaonthenet@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Ya know I had seen the yellow target, but never knew why it was there.
>>I had Sims 1 also, but never knew that about the game. Funny huh?
>>Definitely cool. :)
>
>I can't believe so many people never tried right-clicking the sims
>image! lol

I just wish you could right click on others sims thumbs, and have it
point to them, like it did in Sims1.

Like other "guests" in your lot...for instance.

Sometimes it's hard to "find" another sim you want to interact with,
especially in big, multi-level lots.

SF

JulyRaine wrote:
> Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
> little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
> they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
> is for me!

Been thay way since the first day of Sims 1. :)

And if you hit the spacebar while you have the sim in the crosshairs, it
fires a gunshot at the sim and kills it!

--
--Cuth

(Just kidding)

"Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
message news:422A30C3.7000506@earthlink.net...
> JulyRaine wrote:
>> Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
>> little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
>> they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but
>> is is for me!
>
> Been thay way since the first day of Sims 1. :)
>
> And if you hit the spacebar while you have the sim in the crosshairs,
> it fires a gunshot at the sim and kills it!
>
> --
> --Cuth
>
> (Just kidding)

LMAO I was believing it until I read the just kidding part.

LOL at me!!

......B

georg wrote:
>>> First person mode????
>>
>> Where you see what the selected sim sees.
>
> How do you get that??

You don't - GP said 'I wish...'

I miss the ability to right click on a visiting Sims icon in the
relationship panel and zap to them. Finding errant visitors is a pain in the
bum!

MM

> I miss the ability to right click on a visiting Sims icon in the
> relationship panel and zap to them. Finding errant visitors is a pain in
the
> bum!

Yeah. I find myself still doing that though, even though it doesn't work in
TS2.

You enter (and exit) first person mode by hitting tab. It is a fairly
useless vision option as you can't do anything while you are in it.

MM

Madame Mim wrote:

> You enter (and exit) first person mode by hitting tab. It is a fairly
> useless vision option as you can't do anything while you are in it.

Thanks! Would be interesting to tell the sim to Go Here, tab, and watch
the tour.

-georg

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:48:13 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I miss the ability to right click on a visiting Sims icon in the
>relationship panel and zap to them. Finding errant visitors is a pain in the
>bum!
>
>MM

I agree with you! : )

Why they took that option out of the new Sims, is beyond me.

>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 06:22:16 -0800, JulyRaine <JulyRaine@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Did you know that by right clicking on your Sim's picture you get a
>> >little yellow target on it and that enables you to track your sim as
>> >they walk! Maybe this isn't a new discovery for some out there but is
>> >is for me!
>>
>> July, it's been that way since the original Sims 5 years ago! LOL

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:48:13 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I miss the ability to right click on a visiting Sims icon in the
>relationship panel and zap to them. Finding errant visitors is a pain in the
>bum!

Me too! However, when you talk to sims on the phone etc. now their
image moves to the front of the relations panel, so you don't have to
look around... and other changes along those lines... makes it easier
to sort out your friends, but I still wish that along with the 'family
only' 'household only' etc. there would be one that EXCLUDED family,
since they dont count as friends.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:05:01 -0000, "Will Bradshaw"
<spam@beasolutions.com> wrote:

>> How do you get that??
>
>You don't - GP said 'I wish...'

Yeah, the closest thing you get is hitting TAB and floating around
like a spectre or something... it would be oh-so-cool to see from the
sim's point of view.

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:38:14 -0600, "Jay&B" <someplace@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>Well, I guess you weren't around as much then to remind us. :p
>I don't remember you posting as much with The Sims as you do with Sims 2
>teaching
>and sharing with us.
>
>I really do enjoy your posts!! ;)

Aww shucks, thank you :)

Well, I did play all the sims games, have them all lying on a shelf
collecting dust, but by the time I found this group Makin Magic had
already been out for ages :)