Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Formatted data recovery programs not working

Last response: in Storage
September 1, 2010 3:33:04 PM

I used Acronis Drive Cleaner and accidentally formatted wrong HDD and now i can not recover any data from it.

I have already tried Acronis recovery software, Arax Disc Doctor Data Recovery, GetDataBack, Recuva, EASUS and Wondershare Data Recovery, but none of the programs can find deleted files from the drive.

When i formatted, i used Fast Format which should not totally destroy all the data on the hdd, which is why i wonder why i cant find files i am looking for.

Any suggestions on what i should do?
a b G Storage
September 5, 2010 2:07:40 AM

TestDisk It's free and saved my RAID1 this week. Takes some time, but it found and recovered every partition and file, and fixed the MBR with the backup on my NTFS files.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 5, 2010 2:18:46 AM

Maybe you need some partition restore software like http://www.diskgenius.net/ which is able to recover mbr, partition table etc.
Related resources
September 5, 2010 7:22:35 AM

I tried TestDisk but it didnt work ;< .

But with OnTrack Easyrecovery and I actually managed to get 24.000~ pictures out of the formatted partition. Too bad every single picture was damaged and on the best cases, only half of the picture was visible, rest blurred/black/gray.

Guess I'll just let the pictures just go and submit to beating from the owner of the PC :)  Thank you for your replies tho.
December 16, 2010 3:51:44 PM

Did you get your data back? Did the recommended software work? I usually use livecd (www.livecd.com) and it seems pretty good.
December 20, 2010 12:15:20 AM

What's your OS?
I found most data recovery software could not recover all files after complete format under Windows Vista/7.
So please backup your important data in advance. That's the best solution.
September 6, 2011 6:20:12 AM

Old thread but hope my reply can be found by somebody. As "Portto" said the HDD is just fast formatted instead of low-level format, so chances of recovery exist as long as the formatted data are not overwritten (which means if you continue putting more files to that drive, there might be a chance). Then in your case you can take a try of this formatted recovery software, seems the best data recovery tool that deals with format recovery cases.

One more thing - immediately stop using the drive in case chances of data recovery decrease. Best regards.
a b G Storage
December 27, 2011 5:34:06 PM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
!