aprillia99

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
ok well i built a new computer and over clocked it. its a 965 BE AMD got it to 4.1ghz. ran many prime95 test and PI test and 3d benchmark test and it passed it all. i ran prime 95 for 13 hours the longest. but now it just seems to be sluggish like i type and it takes a second for the txt to show up, not always but occasionally. or i try to load a game and surf the web at the same time the webpages take time to load, or even when i click on the Firefox logo to start the browser it takes longer then i feel it should to open them.

Any ideas why?

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Do you have any virus software or other applications running in the background? Open Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, click Show process from all users, then click the CPU column so that is sorts in descending order. Any applications taking up your CPU? Open Firefox, see what shows up at the top of the list while Firefox is trying to open.

If nothing significant shows up there, sort the Memory column in descending order. Screenshots, as well as a list of your full system specs, would be helpful.

aprillia99

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
yea im running AVG and malwarebits nothing out of the ordinary stuck out for me heres some Screen shots

http://tinypic.com/r/2cxt20g/7 - 1st have of the task manager and my spec
http://tinypic.com/r/hrikg7/7 - 2nd half of task manger and RAM specs

and the only thing running in the bg was Asus turboV to overclock at a touch of a button thing. (i hardware over clocked not softwared.)

systems ideal process was the highest cpu

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah not alot going on at this point. It could just be momentary conflicts from multi-tasking. Guess it depends how often it happens and how annoying it is. You could try turning off the background software and see if the problems go away. Or save your BIOS changes then revert back to stock and see if the problems go away. Try making one change at a time to isolate the cause.

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
How much ram do you have, what speed and timings is it running at, and did you run memtest? I've noticed that on my i3 there is a point around 4.0 where it will pass prime 95 or any benchmark but it is really slow unless I drop the speed or increase the voltage.

aprillia99

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
also andon48 in the second likei posted it shows the specs of my RAM, can u look and tell me if they are right.

also are u talking about dropping the speed, or increasing the voltage on ur RAM or cpu?

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Okay, your ram looks fine. If I was you I'd try running a benchmark for the processor and try both, lowering the FSB and upping the voltage. Play with it and see what kills your performance. You might also want to watch CPU-Z when you're actually working on something just to make sure it is coming out of it's energy saving mode all the way.