Gigabyte gf 8500 gt 256 gddr3 fan/cooling

akirilus

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
I have this card for about 8 months now and i can say it would be great .. if only it didn't work on desktop whit 70 degrees celsius and reach 78-82 and if i dont watch it 95 in games,i know the card deteriorates by passing 80 so i play games at low grapchics to not overstress it... why have a pci 16x card when my old pc whit 8x card was doing better... so id like to know if anyone has any idea how i could get my fan to run at all times since this card has a stupid design that makes fan run only in games.. witch contributes in most part to the overheating.

akirilus

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
there is no dust and riva tuner refuses to let me modify fan speed settings / cant i make it run at all times i want the fan to be active at all times as long as my pc is turned on ... to have fan work only in 3d games is just stupid... + my card is a overclocked to hell version of normal ge force 8500 thanks to gigabyte, it should have 2 fans working overtime .. i should know this is my waranty card , the first one broke cause of the heat in 2 months after i purchesed my pc.

jennyh

Splendid
All Nvidia GT cards for as long as i can remember have been really hot chips. I've had to RMA two different BFG cards because of heat issues, that's why I bought an ATI last time.