How Much?

makubex1211

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
i hav core 2 duo e7400 2.8ghz
g31 gigabyte
4gb ddr2
geforce 9400gt

how much do u thnk i can overclock my processor and gpu with stock cooling?

Solution
It depends on how safe you want to play it. Adjust your base clock to go up to 3.2 and monitor your temperatures with RealTemp while doing a PassMark BurnIn maximum heat test. I don't like my processor to run over 80C for an extended period of time. A safe stable overclock that stayed under 80C under load would probably no cause you any problems, but as always, there are no guarantees.

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
It depends on how safe you want to play it. Adjust your base clock to go up to 3.2 and monitor your temperatures with RealTemp while doing a PassMark BurnIn maximum heat test. I don't like my processor to run over 80C for an extended period of time. A safe stable overclock that stayed under 80C under load would probably no cause you any problems, but as always, there are no guarantees.

Solution
Probably not much. The heatsinks provided with the 45 nm CPU's are adequate for running the CPU at stock frequencies.

The heatsinks for the 65 nm CPU's are twice the size. One of those will give you a little more room if you can find one. There are, after all, a lot of OC'd Q6600 systems. :)