Promliatech Megahalems temps not right?

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hey guys,

Pretty much I just got a promliatech megahalems cooler with 2 cooler master 120mm 90 cfm fans running a push/pull configuration. I'm using Indigo Xtreme TIM and I don't think I'm getting the right temperatures. Running a i7 920 at stock speeds. Mid tower case by coolermaster got it from china but it's similar to this one except without the side exhaust:
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=19&product_id=2969
Coolermaster USP 100

I'm getting high 30s low 40s at idle and around 50 degrees at load. Room temperature's 24ish.
I'm using Scythe 120mm casefans running at 113.2 cfm (I think)

Is this normal? Or should I reapply the TIM?

Thanks in advance

Solution
Sounds pretty good to me. Sometimes these big coolers only really show an advantage under even higher heat loads - essentially when OCing.

You might get slightly better temps if you try remounting but really at this point those temps are good enough. Basically it just depends if you want to put the effort into remounting. You might get a couple degrees off it or maybe not. I've remounted many, many times just to make sure I had the best temps. It's the really the only way you'll ever know.
Sounds pretty good to me. Sometimes these big coolers only really show an advantage under even higher heat loads - essentially when OCing.

You might get slightly better temps if you try remounting but really at this point those temps are good enough. Basically it just depends if you want to put the effort into remounting. You might get a couple degrees off it or maybe not. I've remounted many, many times just to make sure I had the best temps. It's the really the only way you'll ever know.

Solution