Buying additional RAM

Armeddy

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Hi,
I have a Asus P5B Deluxe MoBo with a total of 1024MB of RAM and I was thinking of buying some additional RAM, perhaps 2048MB. Currently I have a total of 1024MB that are actually 2 sticks of 512MB. Some additional information can be seen here.
ramlpn.jpg

So now my questions are as follows: Does my MoBo support DDR3 RAM and if so can I mix DDR2 sticks (the ones I currently have) with DDR3 sticks?
For example I would like to buy DDR3 2GB PC10600 (1333MHz), Kingmax stick but I'm guessing it would be too much of a money waste as my MoBo would lock it down to 333Mhz to fit my current two sticks ? If that would be the case would it be smart to actually ditch the other two sticks and just keep the Kingmax one ?
Unfortunately on the web shops accessible to me I can't find any RAM with a 333Mhz frequency. Does that mean that if I want faster RAM I would have to ditch the one I already have ?

Get the Corsair. ^
Good price.
Good memory timings.
Runs at standard 1.8 volts...This is a big plus, more than most people would notice.
It will boot when you install it without having to fiddle with the BIOS.
It is quality memory if it will run at decent timings at standard voltage.

Pretty much forget about everything you were thinking about in your first post, you are off the on wrong track for all sorts of reasons!
Just stick with the Corsair kit, that is about the very best you are going to do on your system, price, value, and performance.

markbenson

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
The maximum RAM memory that your MOBO supports is DDR2 SDRAM with the frequencies of PC2-4200, PC2-5300, and PC2-6400 and a maximum of 2GB per slot. This will help your system to run faster.