G

Can you give any recommendation for a gaming case
Right now im having a lot of problem with high temps

Ill like to keep these components the coolest possible:

P6t non deluxe
i7 920 at stock speed
gtx 260 superclocked
6 gb ocz ram

im getting 77 degree celcius on my i7 , 55 degrees on my p6t , also my gtx 260 at 81 degrees celcius
Thanks!

super-ddr

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Can you give any recommendation for a gaming case
Right now im having a lot of problem with high temps

Ill like to keep these components the coolest possible:

P6t non deluxe
i7 920 at stock speed
gtx 260 superclocked
6 gb ocz ram

im getting 77 degree celcius on my i7 , 55 degrees on my p6t , also my gtx 260 at 81 degrees celcius

Thanks!

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
super-ddr, you making fun of him?

Yimbo, how about you tell us what case you're using right now, what you're using to cool your i7 (i'm assuming stock), and what your budget range is?

G

Hello ,
Im using an old generic case which hasn't enough ventilation , i have a budget of 130 dollar

thank you for answering

Zenthar

Distinguished
Just as a reference for the OP, I recently switched from and old Xaser III (well ventilated case for the time) with stock cooler to an Antec 902 and Xigmatek HDT-S1283. My E8400 temps went from 70C @3.0GHz (stock speed) to 52C @3.6GHz. Good cooling can is a good investment so stretching the budget a bit can be worthwhile.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

It's an ugly (depending on preference) but outstanding case for cooling performance and cable management. It's a top performer, and I've seen lots of good sales on it lately. Let me know if you want some more links.

navysealbrian

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I have a Cooler Master Cosmos (NOT Cosmos S) case. The PSU is on the bottom and vents through the bottom of the case. There are 3 x 120mm exhaust fans (2 on top and one on the back). There is one 120mm intake fan between the PSU and HDD racks. There are 4 locations with mesh filters (the 3 exhaust fans don't have filters). There is negative pressure in the case, at least from the looks of it. The only heat problems you would have with the Cosmos case would be from a worthless heatsink.
Some people complained about their HDDs being hot. I can't say that there aren't heating issues, but I did pull out my 150GB Raptor out one day right after I shut down the computer, and it wasn't any bit uncomfortable to handle.

veryhappyyes

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009

but its better looking then some cases

AvenixMusic

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello Anonymous

A really nice looking case inclusiding 5 coolers is the:

Zalman z11 plus

It has airflow at the upperside, airflow + coolers at each side of your HDD's. At the front side of your HDD's is a cooler. There's a cooler in the back, and there is one in the underside. Two at the upperside, and one at the right side of the case, to cool your motherboard from hot air out of your GPU. It has cool leds that make the case a really cool case. It has a 'smoked' prism glass at the left side of the case, to let people take a look inside. It looks really nice and is very low priced! I really recommend this one above all, and underneath you can see what coolers are included.

This are the specs from the case I got from their site (www.Zalman.com):

Enclosure Type ATX Mid Tower
Dimensions 260(W) x 498(H) x 525(D)mm
Weight 7.4kg
Material Plastic, Steel
Motherboard Compatibility Standard ATX / Micro ATX
Power Supply Compatibility Standard ATX / ATX12V
VGA Compatibility Full Size (up to 290mm)
Expansion Slot 7

Drive Bays 5.25' External Bay x 4
3.5' External Bay x 1
Internal Bay x 5 5.25'/3.5'/2.5' 1 (3in-1)

Cooling Components Front 120mm/140mm Fan Vent x 1 (1 Fan included)
Top 120mm/140mm Fan Vent x 2 (1 Fan included, 1 optional)
Rear 120mm Fan Vent x 1 (1 Fan included)
Side 80mm Fan Vent x 2 (2 Fan included)
Bottom 120mm/140mm Fan Vent x 1 (Fan optional)

I/O Ports Mic x 1, Headphones x 1, USB 2.0 x 2, USB 3.0 x 2

Color Black

You have them with blue LED's and with red LED's.

You can save some money with it to buy an SSD or a nice mouse or something.

Hope this helped!

Avenix