Pin mount/surface mount HSF

jerryl

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
Any one know of one? I am on stock HSF for a 930 and will not pull the board unless I switch cases....I am pulling 3.6 with the stock and pulling the board to go up from there doesn't seem worth it, but I would like to brind down my temps some and myabe hit 4.0

ahh,,, that would be on an i7 (1366)

I saw a post on a surface mount HSF but I can't find it now and it is a hard topic to google.

Thank you.

Solution
the scythe yasya does not require a backplate, fits in my Antec 300 case despite being huge, and gets pretty good reviews. I just replaced the HSF on my i7-920 and load temps dropped 15C. You'd probably do best by using your own thermal paste and not the one included with the Yasya - it's not that highly rated.

jeroly

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
the scythe yasya does not require a backplate, fits in my Antec 300 case despite being huge, and gets pretty good reviews. I just replaced the HSF on my i7-920 and load temps dropped 15C. You'd probably do best by using your own thermal paste and not the one included with the Yasya - it's not that highly rated.

Solution

jerryl

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010

....ah, very wise cat....

Actually I was hoping for something maybe a little smaller profile, that beastie will barley fit its cage.

Are there some out there that spread the pipes at a lower altitude with 120mm fan? I think I have seen them?

Thanks for the suggestion Jeroly, it does look like it will work, if I can make it fit.