Help! Newely Built HTPC not booting!?

mikey1984

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here; I've been a tom's reader for a while now.

So I just built a HTPC with the following specs using old and new parts:

Silverstone LC-03 silver case supporting ATX, newly bought
Gigabyte GA-P965-DS3 rev 1.0 motherboard, old
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (800fsb) cpu, newly bought
eVGA 8800GS superclocked version, old
300GB SATAII HDD from Western Digital, old
Combo DVD/CDRW drive on ATA bus, old
Antec Neo 550W PSU, old
some random brand PCI wireless card, old

the oldest part I have is the motherboard and PSU, which are around 1.5 years old.

So I put all the parts together into the case and made sure everything is connected properly and securely. I even used cable tie to tie the loose wires together so they don't get in the way of fans, etc.

The problem is that when i press the power button, all the fans go on, the hard drive and optical drive is getting power, and the graphic card and wireless card gets power and runs. HOWEVER, there is no video output, no system beep, no power to any of the ports in the back panel (Usb, ethernet, etc.).

I was wondering if anyone could know what is wrong? is the motherboard broken? I pulled it out from another case just two days ago fully working.
Same thing goes for the PSU. All these "old" parts are pulled from a working computer in another case. Only thing different is the CPU, which was a E6600.

I also resetted by CMOS just in case, and that did not help.

Thanks for any help!

mikey19

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
yeah my E6600 is running at 2.8 GHz in my gaming machine, with radeon 4870 in a brand new antec 900 case with ASRock X45E motherboard