Hullo... I'm new to the whole Sims marlarkey and I'm very intrigued by
it all... I've been looking for skins but I can only find one website
with Beatles skins (7 deadly sims) and I cannot tell the Beatles
appart when I use them... I did come across a website with the Beatles
in collarless suits and butcher cover white coats but I lost the
site... I've tried to make my own skins but I'm finding it difficult.
If anybody could help me either way, I'll be grateful

Carlos The Great wrote:

>Hullo... I'm new to the whole Sims marlarkey and I'm very intrigued by
>it all... I've been looking for skins but I can only find one website
>with Beatles skins (7 deadly sims) and I cannot tell the Beatles
>appart when I use them... I did come across a website with the Beatles
>in collarless suits and butcher cover white coats but I lost the
>site... I've tried to make my own skins but I'm finding it difficult.
>If anybody could help me either way, I'll be grateful

You don't say whether you want The Sims or Sims2 whichever one, here
is a good place to start
http://www.livin-it-up.net/ they have skins for both (as most sites
do), another one is
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/index.htm again just
click on Sims1 or Sims2
on most every site you will find a "links" page that will lead you to
other sites, there's just too many to list here.

---Sandra

I found that site again... It's the Sims resource. I had to subscribe
but the exchange rate for £ to $ is excellent, so it didn't cost
much...

I'm playing the Sims 1

I downloaded some extra items, but the animation was missing, is this
normal for stuff people have created?

Also, is there a site you recommend for skinning tips. I've found a
couple but they haven't been a lot of help

Carl

carlguyton@btopenworld.com wrote:

>I found that site again... It's the Sims resource. I had to subscribe
>but the exchange rate for £ to $ is excellent, so it didn't cost
>much...
>
>I'm playing the Sims 1
>
>I downloaded some extra items, but the animation was missing, is this
>normal for stuff people have created?
>
>Also, is there a site you recommend for skinning tips. I've found a
>couple but they haven't been a lot of help
>
>Carl

.. TSR has a skinning tutorial. log in click on TSR Workshop on the
left hand side (it looks like a glass with pens in) then click 'content'
along the top, and you'll see TS1 tutorials just hover your mouse over
that and it will give you a drop down menu, click on skinning. as for
the animation files, you are either missing the object it was cloned
from,(you haven't got the expansion pack), or you haven't downloaded the
animation files properly,(or put them in the correct folder), it's been
a long time since I played The Sims1 but if I remember correctly, you
should get an .iff file for objects plus other files if it's animated.
BTW I've just noticed that you were *especially* looking for Beatle
skins, not just 'skins' lol

---Sandra