Sign in with
Your question

-Problems playing starcraft 2

Last response: in Overclocking
September 12, 2010 7:00:42 AM

Hi guys, I wouuld like to know if anyone can help me. I just recently bought staercraft 2, and i already installed it in my laptop, but i´m not been able to play it as good as I would like :sweat:  . My laptop has a very poor video card (only 64 mb of dedicated memory, and integrated) and [I would like to Improve , if is there any chance, my computer, because it´s very frustating been playing the way i have been. I don´t know if I can install it another video card, or replace the one ta¿hat already has, or if there is any way to cahnge some settings that allow me to have a better play. I don´t know the exactly specs pf my laptop, only that it has a dual core cpu, the video memory (64mb) and i don´tn know where I can find them. thanks any help is welcome.
September 12, 2010 7:13:24 AM

ferchodettmer said:
Hi guys, I wouuld like to know if anyone can help me. I just recently bought staercraft 2, and i already installed it in my laptop, but i´m not been able to play it as good as I would like :sweat:  . My laptop has a very poor video card (only 64 mb of dedicated memory, and integrated) and [I would like to Improve , if is there any chance, my computer, because it´s very frustating been playing the way i have been. I don´t know if I can install it another video card, or replace the one ta¿hat already has, or if there is any way to cahnge some settings that allow me to have a better play. I don´t know the exactly specs pf my laptop, only that it has a dual core cpu, the video memory (64mb) and i don´tn know where I can find them. thanks any help is welcome.

I don't think the news will be good here. Video cards on laptops are notorius for being fixed in model and RAM config. Also notebook bios is usually among the most limited there is. But you should check with the manufacture to be sure.

One option maybe to add system mem to the notebook and see if you can then share it back to the videocard. I know most laptops share mem anyway with their cards.
m
l
September 12, 2010 7:36:57 AM

jerryl said:
I don't think the news will be good here. Video cards on laptops are notorius for being fixed in model and RAM config. Also notebook bios is usually among the most limited there is. But you should check with the manufacture to be sure.

One option maybe to add system mem to the notebook and see if you can then share it back to the videocard. I know most laptops share mem anyway with their cards.

Thanks pal, but that means there is no option to put a new video card in my laptop or that would depend on the model of it??
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2010 10:42:09 PM

Mostly. You'd need to check with your vendor, but I have had both Dell and HP and the answer is no. I beleive that they have premade mobo with different video chipsets on them, for the most part, so if you got a an HP like I do, it has a GT230M, which you can find the specs on, and is referred to as a card, but can not be purchased seperately.

Really, I think you have to live with you you got. There maybe some very high end notebook / workstations that can take a full featured stantalone card, but they would be quite expensive.

As an aside, I also have a Dell and tried to find a video upgrade for it....after searching for about half an hour I was able to find two off brand actual video cards that went into some unnamed computer.

Again, best to check with the manufacturer for physical and bios options. There are after market programs that can OC a video card if not available in the bios, but that are not mainstream companies, and I don't recall them.

Sorry this is isn't the answer you want I know.....
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 260 U Graphics card
a c 121 K Overclocking
September 13, 2010 6:15:21 PM

I think you are stuck with the graphics capability your laptop came with.

Perhaps you can reduce the resolution that you are gaming at, or reduce any graphics options. That will reduce the work your graphics card has to do.
m
l
!