Newbi Problem with mobo and case

arheck

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I have an Antec 900 case and a MSI DKA790GX Platinum motherboard and can't connect the Audio port connector and the reset switch and power on connector to the motherboard. The key sockets are in different locations so I am assuming the wires are as well. Is there an adapter out there or do I need to create one?

arheck

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

I am assuming that by single pin or double pin you mean the number of rows. They are double pins.

can you explain this a bit more detail?

is it that the case wires arent long enough or that they are all in on socket?

You are referring to the front panel connectors right? They usually come as a single pin or 2pin connectors. They will go by you onboard SATA ports. The mobo manual will give the exact pattern that you will have to follow.

arheck

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

The manual for the motherborad says that the reset switch and the power button connectors is to attach to the JFP1 connection which looks like this

xxxx
xxxxx

The connector on the case which is labeled RESET SW is set up

XXX X
XXXXX

There is plenty of wire.

I have written the case company, the motherboard web site is horrific.

arheck

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

The manual for the motherborad says that the reset switch and the power button connectors is to attach to the JFP1 connection which looks like this

xxxx
xxxxx

The connector on the case which is labeled RESET SW is set up

XXX X
XXXXX

There is plenty of wire.

I have written the case company, the motherboard web site is horrific.

The reset switch shouldn't have that many pins. It should only be 2 pins (1+ and 1-).

Do you have a digital camera to take a pic of what you are looking at? I think it would help us understand what you are looking at.

Yes, you need to get your glasses on a look a little closer. Even a cheap reading magnifying glass can help here, as those are really hard to see if you don't have perfect vision.
Each of those pins is for something...2 of them for reset, 2 of them for power, 2 of them for the HDD activity light, etc. There will be a group of wires coming from the case, each...like the power switch, will have seperate plugs.
The harddrive led matters that the + and - are plugged in correctly, put them backwards and it won't work. If this happens, just reverse them.
The reset and power does not really matter if get the + and - backwards, they will still work.

arheck

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

Thanks for your help. I had misread theconnecter I confused HDAUD with HDLED that I found with more digging at the top of the case.