Need help moving programs (games) to new harddrive

Malcer

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I'm trying to find an easy way to move all my programs from one drive to another without cloning everything. I don't need to move my OS just programs. I don't know if I'll have to copy any registry files I'd rather not have to. Thanks for any help.

Solution
Well installed programs have a lot of registry entries with the installed location linked to it. Many time just copy pasting doesn't work for games and other apps.

I would say, just uninstall them from the current drive and install them to a new one. Just take a backup of the saved games (for games) and copy them to the location of the new installer.

That is the only way i know of.
Well installed programs have a lot of registry entries with the installed location linked to it. Many time just copy pasting doesn't work for games and other apps.

I would say, just uninstall them from the current drive and install them to a new one. Just take a backup of the saved games (for games) and copy them to the location of the new installer.

That is the only way i know of.

Solution

Malcer

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

Thanks, I was hoping for an easier way,But it seems there isn't an easy solution to this. Thanks for the help.