Cooler Master V10 1366 CPU Cooler

SGTBASHIR

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Intel MoBo and I wanted to know that if I bought Corsair Memory Dominator GT 6 GB (3X2 GB)DDR3 PC3-16000 (2000Mhz), will they fit under a Cooler Master V10 CPU cooler? the fins of the ram will not get in the way of the Ram cooling? Also will this cooler adequately cool the chipset?

No they wont fit the V10 is gigantic and extends quite abit over the dimms you might be able to install it if you remove the heatsink spreaders..Also if you buy that ram kit you'll be hardpressed to find any air cooler that will fit especially if you ever add more ram.
Corsair H70 might be your best option.
Also what case do you have?

V10 is an interesting cooler. I did a small bit of research. Newegg comments indicates that the cooler clears ram with high heat sinks.

That said, fancy heatsinks on ram are of litttle use, and are mostly a marketing gimmick. There are other identical corsair ram kits w/o the dominator heat spreaders that will work just as well.

Also, a reviewer said that the V10 tec does not kick in until the cpu temp is >70c, making it largely useless. I suppose it might be good for competitive overclockers.

Would a standard tower type cooler not suit your needs for half the price?