GTX 260 SLI Problem Vista 64-bit

I have a single EVGA GTX 260 that is working fine. Last night I added another to get SLI going. The system recognized the card and I was able to enable SLI within the NVIDIA control panel. When I run ANY of my games I get a lot of flickering and or green horizontal bars at the top ot the screen. This happens on all games. when I disable SLI everything is perfect. Another observation was almost like an audible strain either coming from the cards themselves or the power supply. Any ideas?

I tried many configurations under 3D settings to no avail. I should have plenty of power, I even split the load across both rails on the PS. One more thing is sometimes I get a completely blue screen (not the blue screen your thinking of) which I can alt-ctr-del out of but before I can end task my game comes back up in a window on my desktop with no artifacts at all?

I read in other posts that you can only run the 260 in 3-way? Is this true? The ASUS SLI bridge was too short to go from the primary slot (closest to the CPU) to the outer most slot as directed in EVGA instructions so I put them right up against each other... ASUS also included a 3-SLI bridge which differs from the 2-way because it covers both connections on each card...

Latest NVIDIA drivers installed.

Vista 64-bit Core i7 920 OC'd to 3.92 - Corsair 1000W - P6T standard - Corsair Dominator Triple Channel 3x2GB - 2 VeloiciRaptor 300GB in RAID0 - CoolerMaster V10 - CoolerMaster HAF - Viewsonic 24" @ 1920X1080
4 answers Last reply
More about problem vista
  1. Are the power connectors plugged into the back of both video cards?
    You can do 2-way SLI.
  2. Well after trying just about everything I finally solved the problem.

Apparently the SLI ribbon that's supposed to be used for 2-way SLI was bad? I ended up using the 3-way SLI bridge board leaving the third connection open and everything works perfectly and my cards are better supported. All games are now flawless. 3DMark was roughly 82,000
  3. jmacres said:
    Well after trying just about everything I finally solved the problem.

Apparently the SLI ribbon that's supposed to be used for 2-way SLI was bad? I ended up using the 3-way SLI bridge board leaving the third connection open and everything works perfectly and my cards are better supported. All games are now flawless. 3DMark was roughly 82,000

I am having this same issue (with the same cards) and was wondering if it was the middle or the end port (on your 3-way SLI bridge) you left empty?
  4. BriarLee said:
    I am having this same issue (with the same cards) and was wondering if it was the middle or the end port (on your 3-way SLI bridge) you left empty?

I have the bridge on the tabs closest to the end of the card, meaning towards the outside of the case.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx SLI Graphics