A new MSIg31m3 l v2 board and an old antec sl350 power supply

bigmikeb

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
So i picked up a new MSIg31m3 l v2 motherboard and an Intel Dual Core E6300 and an old antec sl350 power supply. I mounted the board, connected all i could, still dead... There was not a spot on the board for the power supply the big white plug 20 pin from the power supply. There was a spot for the 4 pin cpu power. DID I miss the ATX connector, it has one on the board but the plug from the antec power supply is to small to fit.

There seems to be no spot for some jumpers as well, these little back plugs, are the ground 1 & 2, +5 volt a few others, in the manual it says there are spots for some of the grounds but there is wires left over, The old board had a JP or something like that, where all these were supposed to be plugged in.

Any help and information will be greatly appreciated. Its alread too late, so I will check back tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I think your power supply is too old, the old boards and psu's required 20 pins. It was changed a long time ago to 24 pins. I think your psu was from some Pentium 4/Athlon XP build, and you need to buy a new psu.

I don't know about the other black plugs you have mentioned, could you elaborate on what you were looking at/for?

bigmikeb

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I think I still might have a case problem, the ground, +5volt, I,II come from the case, the old mb have a something like a 32 pin cluster where the several little black jumpers pugged in

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006

I think that's the usb headers, try to look at the manual it'll show where these things should plug-in.