axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
okay, my blu-ray player has been fine for about two years now other than i found out after the 30 day warranty was up that it has a defect and won't play audio cd's. a day or two ago it suddenly won't play blu-ray disks either. it says it needs to update the aacs to be able to play disks. when i tell it to go ahead and update the aacs key/patch, it brings me to a corel internet page that says there is no update key/patch. corel online tech support says call corel phone tech support, who says it is pioneers problem and to call them and they are closed for the holidays at 3:20 on a Friday. any help guys???

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
UPDATE:

So a week or two ago, I go to lay a blu-ray that i've played plenty of times before and corel's windvd 9 plus blu-ray tells me it can't play the movie because it needs an aacs update. it asks if i want to get the update so i of course say yes. it thinks a minute and then opens up a website that tells me there is no update available.

i go to corel and ask them for help. they tell me i have to get help from pioneer as it's their drive.

i go to pioneer who gives me directions to uninstall version 9 and a one time download to install version 10. immediately upon opening 10 i am told 'windvd has stopped working' and i actually can't even close the program without going to task manager and forcing it.

when i go back to pioneer with this...they tell me there is obviously something wrong with my computer then and i need to pay a professional to fix my computer and that's all they can do to help...

yeah, i'm spitting nails right now.

anything i can do? corel won't help and pioneer won't help. the real kicker is that i found out just after my newegg return window was up that my drive doesn't play cd's. something wrong with the red laser according to pioneer??? so it actually only plays dvd's and blu-rays. now it won't play either of those either...........

thanks for any help.

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Tried downloading VLC player at the suggestion of a forum post. No luck. I get this.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd://D:\'. Check the log for details.

although it seems to play dvd's just fine. does vlc maybe not play blu-rays? that wouldn't be of much help to me...