cafe in S2 University??

Hi all
Having to wait until my birthday to get TS2 University but just wondered if
it has cafes or restaurants??
I sooooo miss being able to take my Sims out for dinner....

Dim Sim

there are cafes on campus.

"Dim Sim" <dim_sim@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> Having to wait until my birthday to get TS2 University but just wondered
> if it has cafes or restaurants??
> I sooooo miss being able to take my Sims out for dinner....
>
> Dim Sim

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 23:58:03 -0500, "Samantha Leigh Tully"
<nx-01@nope.com> wrote:

>there are cafes on campus.

And gyms, poolhalls, arcades... and more :) Bars...

Samantha Leigh Tully wrote:
> there are cafes on campus.

What can you get at them? Full meals? Just coffee and snacks? Desserts?

--
--Cuth

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 07:40:44 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>What can you get at them? Full meals? Just coffee and snacks? Desserts?

New community stuff:

-Gyms, with four new different pieces of exercise equipment... sadly
the multigym is the exact same thing as three of them.. ie. the
multigym does what those three pieces do, only, in one package. Still,
it's nice for community gyms. And the treadmill is very cool. I also
put a pool, the military obsticle course, and a punching bag on my
gyms.

-Electronics vendor machines... where you can buy the mp3 player,
cellphone and handheld gaming device.

-A juice bar... where you can buy blended or poured drinks... just
like the regular bar.

-A coffee bar where you can order... yay... coffee! Just! lol

-Poolhalls, where you can hustle people for money

You can also work at these places... and there are libraries etc.
where you can go to do assignments or write a term paper on the
computer, but they're old objects. Dorms also have cafetaries, but you
dont pay anything for the food.

And then there are all the usual places... clothing stores etc. You
can also play music for tips, or freestyle rap for tips... you get
tips depending on your skill level. If you have high skill it can be
very lucrative, because people tip a hundred simoleons each at a time.

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Samantha Leigh Tully wrote:
>> there are cafes on campus.
>
> What can you get at them? Full meals? Just coffee and snacks?
> Desserts?

They're just community lots, and you can just get a cut of coffee.
Same as if you had put an espresso machine on the lot.

Frankly, it's pretty lame.

> Hi all
> Having to wait until my birthday to get TS2 University but just wondered
> if it has cafes or restaurants??
> I sooooo miss being able to take my Sims out for dinner....

The implication is that full restaurants will be in the NEXT expansion.
From this, I'm looking at the back cover of the CD jewel case for S2U.
There's a couple holding hands, she has vampire fangs (!) and the text
reads: BRING on the NIGHT! Send your sims out for a night on the town in The
Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack. Will they stay out late on a romantic
dinner date or dance 'til dawn at a nightclub? Find out what else the night
has to offer starting Fall 2005!

Which, btw, confirms a rumor in the form of an image of this that was
floating around some websites a day or two early.

Joanna

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>Samantha Leigh Tully wrote:
>>
>>>there are cafes on campus.
>>
>>What can you get at them? Full meals? Just coffee and snacks?
>>Desserts?
>

> They're just community lots, and you can just get a cut of coffee.
> Same as if you had put an espresso machine on the lot.
>
> Frankly, it's pretty lame.

*Sigh...*

--
--Cuth