My watercooling system won't stop making bubbles..

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010

It's hard to tell ...do you have any pics of your set up? are you sure you have no water leaks ?

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Moving the res won't get rid of the bubbles, you got to bleed it properly, let the system run for a few hours with the cap off,put it back on knock on radiator,tilt it up side down if you have to (you need to get rid of air that is trapped) have you tried tightening the screws on the waterblock till they cant tighten no more ?

letsgetsteve

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
what coolant are you using? i see the thermaltake garbage do this all the time. switch to something like feser one or just use distilled water but if your using that green crap you will never get rid of it. the only other cause is cavitation which would be from having too much resistance in the line be it from too low of head (coolant being too low below the pump creating suction, from the reservoir being after instead of before the pump, or from the waterblocks being clogged. got any pic's or a diagram of your setup? even a list of what parts you have would help.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
^Yeah, a list of what components and your loop setup would be helpful. Also, agreeing with letsgetsteve with the additives being used...are you using only distilled or are you using some kind of 'colorful coolant additive'? Can you provide a picture of the setup so we can see where components are placed in the loop? It's hard to help answer questions like these without more information. However, I am thinking you are still seeing air forced out of your radiators, meaning you still need to purge air from the loops by tilting your case around while the loops are running.

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I use Feser one, Ultra Pure Water, non-conductive and some biocide. The water level is going up and down. This is my setup EK 5970 Waterblocks x2. XSPC RX360 rads x2. EK Dual Res Bay. Swiftech Apogee XT CPU block. Tygon tubing, compression fittings. Swiftech MCP350 pumps with EK top. And there is absolutely no leaks at all.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Air trapped in your radiator is being forced back into the lines and churned by the pump without a place for it to accumulate and purge, like your reservior. Tilt your case so the front of it is up higher so the air can accumulate in the front bay reservior(s) and let the system run. This should help it gather there and not make it into your pumps.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
First try with the system off(Air bubbles will only freely rise to the highest point when there is no flow – system off. The normal flow in an operating system is usually enough to keep air bubbles trapped and circulating in the fluid stream. Only when the water velocity suddenly decreases in the reservoir do the tiny air bubbles have a chance to make it to the surface.)

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Ok, i just tilted it, while it was on, there was no difference, so I just turned it off, and will turn it on sooner or later, I don't know what the problem could be. This is really depressing..

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
It would appear that my system is making foam. Taking off my res is a 1-3 hour hard process as I would need to empty the whole system and screw off the fittings and etc. etc, there must be another way.

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
OK, I've done this for little over 2 hours now, and it seems that there keeps coming new bubbles, managed to get all the bubbles out of my CPU loop though. Is there any chance I can let it run overnight and expect the foam to be gone in the morning or so?

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I am completely lost.. I have tilted it, turned it on, taken filler port off, tilted it so the bubbles get in the reservoir, sucked out the bubbles and repeated those steps, the bubbles come back, infinitely. There is no problem with the CPU loop whatsoever, its just the GPU loop. How do i empty my GPU loop? Because that seems to be the only options as there MUST be something wrong with the water. The CPU water looks completely clear, while the GPU water has some more of a milky look. Ideas?