Never ending problem with my computer

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Ok, I had my new computer built for a month. I turned the computer on and after it had problem restarting and freezing. So after i went and change the voltage for my RAM to 2.1v The frequent time it freezes and restart lowered. It still restart and freezed, sometimes the freezing will occur with distorted color pixel on the screen. I have to force restart the computer to get out of the freezing. I checked my PSU voltage to my GPU which is at 12.096v(info in BIOS). EVGA said the voltage needs to be around 11.96V and 12.35V to see if my PSU is defective which it is not, also i used the PCI-E cable on the PSU. Also EVGA recommanded me to install 8 series version 183.01, so i installed that version. After my computer still restarts itself on games like fallout3, CS, and many other things. Also, i turned off the system failer restart itself. I had only ONE blue screen of death once.

My specs are
Vista 64-bit
CPU: Q6700
MB: ASUS P5Q
RAM: Cosair 2 X 2GB 5-5-5-15 1066mhz
PSU: Cosair 650w
GPU: EVGA 9800gtx +
HD: seagate 500gb 7200.11

My temperature is
CPU: 36C
MB: 29C
GPU: 39C
HD: 29C
I am very irritated rite now, EVGA still did not give me an answer but I like there customer service =). Someone please tell me anything i can do to fix it. I do not have extra items to check for any defects. So please suggest any thing i should look if anything is wrong.

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
well lock up would mean that i cant even finish the loading screens before i start running the computer, and no u didnt update the firmware . I dont think thats the root of problem unless theres more to it

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
You gotta love Seagate. Is this why all the 7200.11s were taking a crap?

Here is the link Firmware Recommendations for Barracuda 7200.11, ES.2 SATA, and DiamondMax 22 Drives [207931].

I love how they play it down... Nothing to see here move along. :lol:
A firmware issue has been identified that affects a small number of Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive models which may result in data becoming inaccessible after a power-off/on operation...Based on the low risk as determined by an analysis of actual field return data, Seagate believes that the affected drives can be used as is. However, as part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, Seagate is offering a free firmware upgrade.