dickross

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
I have an EVGA P55V motherboard and an LSI SAS9211-4i HBA. The config utility that allows setup of a raid, won't run during bootup. It recognizes the HBA and says that the config is going to run after initialization, but then it doesn't run. Just continues to bootup.
this HBA works fine in an older EVGA 780i SLI system. An older LSI SAS3442E-R HBA is not recognized at all in the new system.
I'm resigned to the fact that this mother board is not going to run this controller.
My question is why, and which parts do i replace? Is the problem just this specific mother board? or something to do with the P55 chipset?. Has anybody run an SAS HBA with the P55 chipset?
The motherboard is the cheapest part to replace as long as I don't have to replace the i5 cpu and the DDR3-1600 RAM. I would need a motherboard with at least a pcie x16(x8 for video) and a pcie x4 (if I keep this HBA).

Dick

dickross

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010

Yes.

Dick

dickross

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
I finaly found the driver thatworks. It's an intel matrix raid driver. available on intels website, or on HP's site if you tell them that you have an HP elitebook. I added it to the xp installation disk with nLite. Stuck it in the drive and it installed without a hitch.