Advice on building computer needed :(

Ok im not copying anything but im following Teh Animal advice.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: about 1 months

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and Surfing

BUDGET (LOCATION/CURRENCY IF NOT USA): 100 to 800 pounds - Uk - England

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers and OS

WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.Aria.co.uk Do u think this is safe website?

BRAND PREFERENCES: None, first time buliders.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: CRT monitor, 800x600 to 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL CONSTRAINTS: 6Gb of RAM needed and HD 4650 or 4670 needed.

Thanks for trying to help
29 answers Last reply
More about advice building computer needed
  1. well I'm not too great on suggesting hardware as I'm new to all this, but I ordered all my new hardware from Aria.co.uk, it's a great site, delivery is good value and quick! Hope that helps.
  2. i'm sure the UK has a version of the Better Business Bureau like we yanks do. make sure to look that site up.
  3. Ok I will be buying from www.aria.co.uk so any suggestions on hardware?
  4. Your not going to need 6gb ram unless you want an i7core cpu, you only need ddr2 800 (2x2gb) unless u oc then get the 1066.

ill see what i can whoop up on a list for that site.
  5. Look on ebuyer and scan.co.uk, you'll save a load of cash.

Also don't get the Asus M4 series AM2+ mobo, it's just an everyday AM2+ mobo that's overpriced, if your willing to take a slight risk then the MSI K9A2 Platinum is £100 inc vat but otherwise it's got the same specs. Or if you don't need Quad CFX then get one of the Gigabyte CFX boards.
  6. Looked for something that has good sli, thats why its priced that high, you wont find much good specs on sli under that price with good quality.
  7. how do you use your pc for surfing.
  8. You could probably look around and find those products cheaper, but, its a pretty nice build, close to an i7 build, basically an alternative.
  9. core i7 ownage said:
    Ok im not copying anything but im following Teh Animal advice.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: about 1 months

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and Surfing

BUDGET (LOCATION/CURRENCY IF NOT USA): 100 to 800 pounds - Uk - England

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers and OS

WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.Aria.co.uk Do u think this is safe website?

BRAND PREFERENCES: None, first time buliders.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: CRT monitor, 800x600 to 1280x1024

ADDITIONAL CONSTRAINTS: 6Gb of RAM needed and HD 4650 or 4670 needed.

Thanks for trying to help

Oops I forget to tell u that: I m going to use core i7.
  10. i7 on 800 pounds? Idk but, sounds like a low end i7 against a high end pII.

um see what i can come up with??
  11. Yep, it's possible, and i might not need high end graphic card or least good enough to play crysis at low quality with playable fps.
  12. dont see what would be wrong sticking with the PII but, ok, your rig, hah. it's going to be good either way.

overclokers.co.uk is also a good site to look on for parts.
  13. I know, I just want make my rig more future-proof, so i don't need buy anything so i really need a help on rig.

And FullMetal thanks for trying to help me but i didn't want AMD but Core I7 rig so thanks.
    And try again please. :)
  14. Will look at the 2 sites to see what can be pulled up for the £800
  15. Thanks, I hope you get good rig :)
  16. BUMP, I really need this information soon :(
  17. you could probably get dual 4870's if you went with the PII rig, but if you went with I7 then you'd only get 1.
  18. core i7 ownage said:
    I know, I just want make my rig more future-proof, so i don't need buy anything so i really need a help on rig.
    £800 and a future proof PC is possible. (future proof = not needing future upgrades)
    £800 and a future proof core i7 PC is not really possible. You have to cut too many corners and you end up with what is a "crippled core i7" system.

from scan.co.uk
  19. here is a well balanced £800 build:
  20. lol ok I got ideas now. thanks for help :)
  21. Thats why i went with the pII, its basically an alternative for the i7
  22. Oh ok, i wanted to make new computer more future proof (more upgrades in future).
  23. Oh ok, i wanted to make new computer more future proof (more upgrades in future).
  24. Oh ok, i wanted to make new computer more future proof (more upgrades in future).
  25. I can do some searchin around for places to buy from in the uk for some products on i7, if your wanting it but, a low end i7 wont be worth the build against a PII budget build or a high end Quad build might compare. Then again, you could buy the low end i7, work with it for a while and upgrade it part by part but, i think that would just waist money.
  26. I think it is not waste of money. ;)
  27. Well, your the OP, right now im at work, pretty busy, will try to get a setup later.
  28. Thanks.
    You are welcome.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems